Large-caps and Growth hold sway despite Q3 setback
- Large-caps show resilience
- Growth prevails despite Q3 rate headwinds
- Growth enjoys biggest forecast upgrades
- Dividend yields edge higher
- Valuation re-ratings continue
- Russell IPO activity revives
Authored by FTSE Russell’s Global Investment Research team, this quarterly publication provides a deep-dive into the performance and key market drivers of US equities, viewed through the lens of Russell large-cap (Russell 1000), small-cap (Russell 2000), Growth and Value indexes. It's part of a series of reports, available by email as soon as they are published.
To support your investment decision-making, we produce specialist content that provides analysis and insights on a range of investment topics. Go to our Global Investment Research hub for valuable Market Insights.
US equities: We analyze Q3, to give you insights for Q4. iShares & FTSE Russell
We review the third quarter performance of US equities and the key market drivers.
Highlights we'll discuss:
- Risk rally sputters in Q3 as bond yields surge. See how macro trends drove a reassessment of Federal Reserve policy
- Large caps show staying power in Q3 storm. But Big Tech is no longer leading the charge as investors cool on AI
- Growth vs Value tug of war continues. Find out where the Growth vs Value scorecard stands now
Mark Barnes, PhD, Head of Global Investment Research, Americas, FTSE Russell
Catherine Yoshimoto, Director, Product Management, FTSE Russell
Kristy Akullian, CFA, Director, iShares Markets & Investment Strategy, Americas, Blackrock