The FTSE TWSE Taiwan Index Series is a joint venture between the Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation (TWSE) and FTSE Russell to provide market participants with a range of tools to gain exposure to the Taiwanese market.
The series comprises a range of real-time indices, which are designed as tools for use in the trading of derivatives, index-tracking funds and exchange traded funds and as performance benchmarks. The family includes:
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan 50 Index - comprises 50 of the most highly capitalised blue-chip stocks of the Taiwanese market. A 30% Capped version of the index is also available.
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Mid-Cap 100 Index - the next 100 constituents ranked by market capitalisation after the FTSE TWSE Taiwan 50 Index. The index predominantly measures growth sectors.
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Technology Index - comprises all information technology (IT) stocks from the FTSE TWSE Taiwan 50 and FTSE TWSE Taiwan Mid-Cap 100 indices. The IT sector is the largest sector of the Taiwanese market by full market value.
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Dividend+ Index - comprises the 30 higher yielding stocks within the FTSE TWSE Taiwan 50 and FTSE Taiwan Mid-Cap 100 indices.
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Eight Industries Index - represents the performance of eight key industry sectors in the Taiwan stock market.
- FTSE TWSE RAFI Taiwan Index Series - the series selects and weights index constituents using four fundamental factors, rather than market capitalisation.
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Shariah Index - comprises Shariah-compliant large and mid-cap stocks listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange. Independent screening is carried out by Yasaar Ltd, an organisation with a global network of expert Shariah scholars.
Research and Insights
Submit your details and one of our Sales experts will be in touch to start the conversation.
If you are an existing client and have a query about your service, contact a Client Service representative at our Help Desk