We offer you the opportunity to make a significant impact by helping shape the future of LSEG’s fast-changing global business. The next generation of LSEG graduates and interns will have direct exposure to the exciting developments and innovations currently taking place within finance and technology. We are looking for dedicated, insightful and dynamic individuals to support us in our journey, problem solvers who are willing to challenge the status quo and aren’t afraid to ask the difficult questions.
Our graduate programmes
There are two LSEG graduate programmes – one in business and the other in technology. Both provide the springboard for a rewarding and challenging career in global financial markets. As a graduate, you will have the opportunity to rotate through different areas during your programme. This not only means more variety, but also the chance to gain a clear understanding of LSEG and broaden your commercial awareness and skill-set. Our continued expansion into new markets means that, more than ever before, there are opportunities for graduates to gain exposure to our global operations. This predominantly takes the form of project work and liaison with global teams but some graduates have had the opportunity to spend time in other offices.
Our Business programme will allow you to gain valuable experience across a number of business areas. You may be involved in helping companies to raise capital, providing secure and reliable trading platforms or delivering real-time information. We’re also central to the post trade environment, managing risk and ensuring liquidity. All our work is underpinned by our expertise in developing and delivering state-of-the-art technology.
Our Technology programme will give you exposure to varied technical career paths. These technical rotations can involve cutting-edge coding, development and innovation. You’ll have an important role in harnessing new, disruptive technologies and working on projects aimed at integrating these into our frontline operations. Whatever your role, you’ll work in partnership with the Group’s other businesses, providing you with a wide perspective that will help you as you progress within our organisation.
Learning and Development
We understand how important the start of your professional life is in shaping your long-term career. The first few weeks and months of your graduate programme will therefore be carefully structured with your professional development in mind.
An intensive induction for new graduates provides the tools you’ll need to hit the ground running from day one. This is followed up with a series of continuing development programmes that ensure a steep learning curve is maintained throughout. Depending on the programme, you may also have the opportunity to gain an industry recognised qualification.
Your professional development doesn’t end once you graduate from the programme, and you can look forward to opportunities to advance your skills and learning at every stage of your career. Our employees are encouraged to gain exposure across the Group during their formative years. This could mean placement opportunities with one of our many overseas businesses. LSEG also develops employees through exceptional classroom and online training, as well as ongoing development programmes, partnering with senior executives across the Group.
Our internship programmes
Our summer internship programme, for penultimate year students, has been designed to simulate our graduate programme. Whether you apply for the Business or Technology internship, you will gain an understanding of what a career with LSEG would really be like. These are real roles; in fact, sometimes our summer interns are surprised at the level of responsibility given to them. As a summer intern, you play a part in the success of our business, just like you would do as a graduate.
Our Business internship programme will allow you to gain valuable experience, with potential placements in a number of areas. You may be involved in helping companies to raise capital, providing secure and reliable trading platforms or delivering real- time information. We’re also central to the post trade environment, managing risk and ensuring liquidity. All our work is underpinned by our expertise in developing and delivering state-of-the-art technology.
Our Technology internship programme will give you exposure to varied technical career paths. These technical placements can involve cutting-edge coding, development and innovation. You’ll have an important role in harnessing new, disruptive technologies and working on projects aimed at integrating these into our frontline operations. Whatever your role, you’ll work in partnership with the Group’s other businesses, providing you with a wide perspective that will help you as you build your career.
Our internship programme is an excellent way for us to spot talent for our main graduate programme. As well as the formal induction week, we offer a range of opportunities for development, including ‘learning lunches’ with subject-matter experts. Like our graduates, you’ll have a ‘buddy’ to help you find your feet.
Schools and young people
We’re passionate about maximising the opportunities available to children and young people regardless of their background and have set up a number of initiatives that allow us to provide support.
A vital way of delivering our purpose in the community and wider society is through the LSEG Foundation. Working with charity and NGO partners, we will deliver a range of programmes across the globe, creating opportunities for those in need to participate in education, employment and enterprise. This is a vast challenge, so we aim to focus our support where we think it can have the greatest impact. Our aim is to help people access economic opportunities and build a secure future with financial independence.
Our programmes vary by geography and need. We will create change through a variety of initiatives. These could include helping girls stay in school for longer, as part of a wider strategy to address gender inequality and community education, guiding young adults into secure work, education programmes for financial literacy or supporting individuals in reskilling for a fresh start.
In 2020 we announced our collaboration with Young Enterprise (YE), aimed at supporting 16-19-year olds across Greater London and the South East (UK) who face multiple barriers to social mobility. Together with YE we engage a diverse cohort of young people from the YE Company Programme, an immersive experience allowing young people to set up and run a student business over an academic year, to further build their skills by participating in work experience at LSEG. Not only do young people build confidence in their own enterprise, financial, and digital skills but they gain valuable insight into the breadth of future career pathways available within the sector. Find out more about Young Enterprise and the opportunities they offer.
The programme is currently focused on the UK. Once established, we will look to replicate it in our other global locations.
Online financial literacy resources
At LSEG we believe financial literacy opens up options and opportunities. Whether it’s study and career choices now, or how to save and invest money later on in life, understanding how finance works can help build a better future for us all. To help boost the financial literacy of kids across the globe we offer a wealth of online resources and videos to help you learn more about the world of finance.
Application hints and tips
We want to help you to prepare and give you the best chance of success, please read these hints and tips and tailor your approach accordingly. Please note that we recruit on a rolling basis so early application is strongly advised.
- Meet us. We hold both virtual and face-to-face events designed to provide more insight into life at LSEG.
Join our Talent Community to find out about upcoming events.
- Be prepared, what would you like to know. Complete some research before attending one of our online events or meeting us at a virtual careers fair so you are clear on the information you require to better understand our business and the opportunities available. Make sure you ask the right questions so you walk away knowing if you could envision a future with us.
- Be on time – or let us know if you can’t attend. This applies to virtual as well as face-to-face events where we ask you to pre-register. Remember, the professionalism you show now provides us with an insight to how you may operate in our business and with our clients.
- Meet us. We hold both virtual and face-to-face events designed to provide more insight into life at LSEG.
- Online Tests. Practise the online tests before you do them. You can find practice questions on our system or more widely on the web. Make sure you’re in a quiet area with a good internet connection when you take the test for your application.
- Become more than an application. Tell us more about your experiences and what first led you to consider the opportunities we are offering. Make yourself more than an application, show us the real you and make yourself memorable for the right reasons.
- Research. It is important to be fully aware of the business and programme you are applying to and why this is of interest to you, for example, we offer a rotational programme across the Group so if you’re absolutely clear on your career direction, this may not be the right opportunity for you. Go beyond the graduate website, go beyond the Group website.
- Ensure your contact details are correct. If we cannot reach you, we cannot invite you to the assessments.
- Show your enthusiasm. A strong academic record and impressive achievements are a given for the top graduate employers. What often makes an application stand out from the crowd is its quality; how well it is written and how genuine and committed you are to our business.
- Tailor your thinking to us. The motivation statement is important and the best way to make yours unique is to put yourself at the heart of your answers. We want to learn about you and what motivates and excites you about a career at LSEG.
- Come to us with original thinking. When you meet us through the selection stages, we want to hear your ideas and interpretation of what you have learnt about our business and the sector. It’s always great to meet candidates who are enthusiastic and keen to develop new opportunities.
- Be clear on the question being asked. Often candidates will have a supply of examples to pull on to answer questions. Although this demonstrates good preparation, be mindful when using this technique as you may try to fit an example to a question without providing a suitable response.
- Be prepared to discuss your reasons for wanting to join LSEG and the programme you apply to. If you can’t answer this, do you really want to join?
- When given the opportunity to ask an assessor questions, ask one or two. It shows you’re interested, and will provide you with additional knowledge about our business. This is your chance to have a full picture to help with your decision-making should you be offered a position.
- We always assess multiple competencies across multiple exercises, so if you have a challenging exercise during the assessment centre, put it to one side and move on. You will have several opportunities to show us what you are capable of. Remember, you will make mistakes through your career, but how you deal with these provides real insight into your approach and indicates how you may fit with our business.
- Always be clear on what you need to achieve during the exercises and ensure you focus on delivering. If you have not fully understood the instructions, you may complete the task incorrectly and limit your evaluation. So ask us if you’re unsure, we want to see you performing at your best.
- Remember, we cannot assess information we are not provided with. So when you’re in a group conversational exercise, make sure you contribute verbally, sharing your views and interpretations. Your participation will provide your assessor with insight. This remains just as important whether you’re attending a virtual or a face-to-face assessment centre.