We offer a wide range of opportunities for ambitious graduates and students to start a dynamic and rewarding career in global financial markets. You can join us on an Internship or Graduate programme, which provides a formal learning experience or directly into Entry level positions.
Whatever the path you choose, at LSEG you’ll have the opportunity to have a formal experience to learn, grow and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Our graduate programmes, for final year undergraduate or Masters students and recent graduates, sit within Business, Corporate Functions, Sales or Technology.
From day one you will be aligned to a division, where you will access divisional and global learning opportunities and experiences.
Our sustainable growth as a business means that more than ever before there are opportunities to develop your career in a truly global organisation, which is critical to the successful functioning of global financial markets. The breadth of our business means you will never lack opportunities to learn and grow.
Our Business Programmes will allow you to gain valuable experience within one of our divisions (Capital Markets, Post Trade and Data & Analytics). You may be involved in helping companies to raise capital, developing benchmark ranges and indices, or building and evaluating risk models. We will align you to a division at the end of the recruitment process, based on the strengths you demonstrate and the requirements of the role. Regardless of the role, you will build your financial markets understanding as well as technical understanding of key products. You will collaborate with global or cross-divisional teams that play critical roles across the trade lifecycle.
Our Corporate Functions Programmes provide an opportunity to work across one of our Group functions (People, Corporate Affairs and Marketing, Finance, Strategy or Risk). You will work collaboratively to harness the value of the combined expertise within our Group divisions, including using insight from the wider business. We will align you to a division at the end of the recruitment process, based on the strengths you demonstrate and the requirements of the role. You will partner with global and cross functional teams supporting the strategic initiatives across LSEG.
Our Sales & Account Management Programme is a great full-time opportunity for individuals looking to accelerate their careers within Sales and Account Management. This programme offers you the experience of learning about and collaborating with a variety of our products, locations and teams whilst developing the critical skills needed to become a crucial contributor to our Sales organisation – within Account Management, Business Development, Customer Success or Sales. We’ll align you to one of those areas based on the strengths that you demonstrate during the recruitment process.
Our Technology Programme will enable you to launch your career in Technology by contributing to live projects with leading technologies, collaborating with and being mentored by best-in-class talent as you acquire critical skills through the on-the-job experiences. You will have a meaningful role in harnessing new, exciting technologies and working on projects aimed at integrating these into our frontline operations. You will be aligned to a Technology team at the end of the recruitment process, based on your strengths and fit with the role requirements. Whatever your role, you will work in partnership with the Group’s businesses, providing you with a commercial perspective that will help you as you progress within our organisation.
Learning and Development
At LSEG we believe that colleagues own and drive their development. We understand it can be nerve-wracking to embark on a new career and, in some cases, make the transition from education to practice. We will assist you in nurturing a growth mindset and developing foundational and human skills such as financial market value chain, customer centricity, adaptability, innovation, problem solving and stakeholder management as well as specialist skills that are critical to the division that you will be working with.
During the programme we will provide curated learning pathways through leading learning platforms, a chance to connect with subject matter experts within LSEG and the opportunity to pursue a professional qualification that supports to build critical skills relevant to your area of specialisation, aiming to develop your knowledge and skills – with a global and divisional focus. You will also have access to Career Navigator, our brand-new personalised platform which will empower you to define and achieve your career ambitions within LSEG. You will access global and local learning opportunities and experiences, as well as a network of Early Careers peers who will support you as you progress your career journey at LSEG. You will contribute to wider society through CSR and volunteering initiatives as you build connections forming a global community across LSEG.
LSEG is a place where you can take your career in any direction. We believe in the career philosophy of “My Career. My Opportunity. My Future.”, empowering you with the tools and structure needed to broaden your skills. Beyond the programme, you can look forward to opportunities to advance your skills and learning at every stage of your career. Our scale and global presence give you the opportunity to deepen your abilities and expertise and take the next steps on your journey to achieving your career ambitions.
Our summer internship programme, for penultimate year students, is a unique opportunity to get to know LSEG’s business and to gain an in-depth insight into financial markets.
Whether you apply for the Business or Technology internship, you will understand what a career with LSEG would really be like. The programme has been crafted to enable exploration of potential career pathways at LSEG, to start to build some of the key skills you will need as a graduate and to support you to build self-insight into your strengths and interests.
Our Business Internship will allow you to gain valuable experience within one of our business divisions, although you will also have exposure to the wider Group. You may be involved in helping to build and maintain relationships with key clients, review risk models and drive change projects and programmes. All our work is underpinned by our expertise in developing and delivering innovative technology.
Our Technology Internship will enable you to launch your career in Technology. Your technical placement will involve coding, development, and innovation. You’ll have a meaningful role in harnessing new, exciting technologies and working on projects aimed at integrating these into our frontline operations.
The internship programme is an excellent way for us to spot talent for our graduate roles. As well as the formal induction week, we offer a range of opportunities for development, including Deep Dives with subject-matter experts. Like our graduates, you will have a ‘buddy’ to help you find your feet.
Entry level opportunities
We offer a wide range of full-time Entry level opportunities, at junior grade, for ambitious and skilled individuals with knowledge or previous exposure to subject areas such as Operations, Technology, Finance, Foreign Languages, Communications and Marketing, HR and Talent Acquisition, Audit and many others.
Our opportunities offer exposure to a variety of dynamic business areas, including frontline support, research and data analysis, technology, risk, finance or communications and other exciting fields.
Whatever the role you choose, you will collaborate with an experienced and hardworking team and will be supported to learn, grow and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Schools and young people
We’re passionate about maximising the opportunities available to children and young people regardless of their background and have set up a number of initiatives that allow us to provide support.
A vital way of delivering our purpose in the community and wider society is through the LSEG Foundation. Working with charity and NGO partners, we deliver a range of programmes across the globe, creating opportunities for those in need to participate in education, employment and enterprise. This is a vast challenge, so we aim to focus our support where we think it can have the greatest impact. Our aim is to help people access economic opportunities and build a secure future with financial independence.
Our programmes vary by geography and need. We create change through a variety of initiatives. These could include helping girls stay in school for longer, as part of a wider strategy to address gender inequality and community education, guiding young adults into secure work, education programmes for financial literacy or supporting individuals in reskilling for a fresh start.
We are committed to supporting young people with exploring career opportunities, building their employability skills and bridging the gap between education and practice. We offer various opportunities which aim to ignite aspirations, build confidence, connect students to mentors and role models, and provide an insight into the industry.
Our organisational focus is on improving access to the industry for students from a diverse set of backgrounds and those who face multiple barriers to social mobility. Through our key partners we engage with school students via initiatives such as our Work Experience programme and insight events.
Apprenticeship Programme (UK)
Our Apprenticeship Programme offers an alternative pathway to start your career with LSEG. We currently offer a 15-18 month accelerated development programme, combining real work experience with away from the desk learning. We offer two streams: Data Accelerator (Level 3) and Data Analyst (Level 4), both programmes focus on building key business skills with data.
Online financial literacy resources
At LSEG, we believe financial literacy opens up options and opportunities. Whether it’s study and career choices now, or how to save and invest money later on in life, understanding how finance works can help build a better future for us all. To help boost the financial literacy of kids across the globe we offer a wealth of online resources and videos to help you learn more about the world of finance.
Application hints and tips
We want to help you to prepare and give you the best chance of success. We have prepared a list of hints and tips to help you tailor your approach accordingly. We recruit on a rolling basis so early application is strongly advised.
- Meet us. Attend one of our virtual or in-person events where you will have the chance to meet with us and learn more about our early careers programmes.
- Be prepared, what would you like to know. When meeting us at events, make sure you are prepared with questions that will enable you to better understand our business and the opportunities available.
- Research. It is important to be fully aware of the business and programme you are applying to and why this is of interest to you. Familiarise yourself with our business and key divisions on the Group website.
- Become more than an application. Tell us more about your experiences and what first led you to consider the opportunities we are offering. Make yourself more than an application, show us the real you and make yourself memorable for the right reasons.
- Ensure your contact details are correct. If we cannot reach you, we cannot invite you to the assessments.
- Show your enthusiasm. A strong academic record and impressive achievements are a given for the top graduate employers. What often makes an application stand out from the crowd is its quality: how well it is written and how genuine and committed you are to our business.
- Tailor your thinking to us. As part of our application process, we require a motivation statement. The best way to make yours unique is to put yourself at the heart of your answers. We want to learn about you and what motivates and excites you about a career at LSEG
- Practice to increase your chances of success. Depending on the programme and location you apply to, the next step after the initial screening stage is typically an online test to help identify the skills and behaviours you’ll bring to the role. It includes some questions on how you would describe yourself, how you typically approach tasks, and a short cognitive ability test. Practise the online assessment before you do it. You can find practice questions more widely on the web.
- Find a suitable time to complete the assessment when you have limited distractions and can complete in one sitting.
- Make sure you are in a quiet area with a good connection when you take the test for your application.
- Have a calculator and pen and paper available to take notes.
- Review your feedback. Once you complete the test, you will receive a candidate feedback report, which provides you with feedback on the assessment, your strengths and weaknesses. The report provides valuable on-the-job tips and suggestions; use the feedback to help and inform your approach in the future.
- Before the interview, we recommend that you take some time to re-familiarise yourself with your resume and your response to the motivation question.
- Come to us with original thinking. We want to hear your ideas and interpretation of what you have learnt about our business and the sector. It’s always great to meet candidates who are enthusiastic and keen to develop new opportunities.
- Be clear on the question being asked. Often candidates will have a supply of examples to pull on to answer questions. Although this demonstrates good preparation, be mindful when using this technique as you may try to fit an example to a question without providing a suitable response.
- Be prepared to discuss your reasons for wanting to join LSEG and the programme you apply to.
- When given the opportunity to ask an assessor questions, ask one or two. It shows you are interested and will provide you with additional knowledge about our business. This is your chance to have a full picture to help you decide whether you envision a future with us.
- We always assess multiple competencies across multiple exercises, so if you have a challenging exercise during the assessment centre, put it to one side and move on. You will have several opportunities to show us what you are capable of. Remember, you will make mistakes through your career, but how you deal with these provides real insight into your approach and indicates how you may fit with our business.
- Be yourself, we want to get to know you. It is often easy to adopt a persona you think we are looking for, but we want you to bring your authentic self to the day.
- Speak up: if you have not fully understood the instructions, you may complete the task incorrectly and limit your evaluation. So, ask us if you are unsure, we want to see you performing at your best.
- Remember, we cannot assess information we are not provided with. When you are in a group conversational exercise, make sure you contribute verbally, sharing your views and interpretations.