Six year high for London Stock Exchange IPOs
- 105 IPOs raise a total £15.7 billion in 2013
- 62 AIM IPOs raise £1.1 billion
- Strongest year for technology IPOs since 2007, 36 firms raise £1 billion
London Stock Exchange this year welcomed 105 new companies to its markets, a record number since 2007 and a clear sign that confidence is returning to the UK and global IPO market. The total capital raised was £15.7 billion through 43 Main Market listings and 62 AIM IPOs.
- Royal Mail Group was the largest European IPO of the year, raising £1.7 billion
- Other household names listing included Merlin Entertainments - the owners of Madame Tussauds - Foxtons and Bon Marche
- Tinkoff Credit Systems was the largest international IPO of the year raising £1.08 billion and was joined by other international companies including Al Noor Hospitals and Stock Spirits Group
- 36 technology IPOs on London Stock Exchange in 2013 raising £1.00 billion – the highest number and value seen since 2007
- 14 private equity backed companies floated on London Stock Exchange markets this year – the most since 2007
Xavier Rolet, CEO, London Stock Exchange Group, said:
“2013 has been an exciting and positive year for the IPO market. We have seen a very healthy mix of UK and international companies using the London market as a platform for future growth. London continues to be the world’s pre-eminent venue for international institutional investor capital and, high profile IPOs have helped reawaken the strong retail investor appetite for equity investment.”
“We have been particularly pleased to see the number of tech companies using AIM, raising over £350m in the process. This is confirmation that high growth companies, as well as their backers in the private equity and VC communities, are recognising the exceptional power of equity in driving growth.”
- ends -
For further information:
Ed Clark +44 (0)20 7797 1222
Notes to editors:
About London Stock Exchange Group:
London Stock Exchange Group (LSE.L) is a diversified international exchange Group that sits at the heart of the world's financial community. The Group can trace its history back to 1801.
The Group operates a broad range of international equity, bond and derivatives markets, including London Stock Exchange; Borsa Italiana; MTS, Europe's leading fixed income market; and the pan-European equities platform, Turquoise. Through its markets, the Group offers international business, and investors, unrivalled access to Europe's capital markets.
Post trade and risk management services are a significant and growing part of the Group’s business operations. LSEG operates CC&G, the Rome headquartered CCP and Monte Titoli, the significant European settlement business, selected as a first wave T2S participant. The Group is also a majority owner of leading multi-asset global CCP, LCH.Clearnet.
The Group offers its customers an extensive range of real-time and reference data products, including Sedol, UnaVista, Proquote and RNS. FTSE calculates thousands of unique indices that measure and benchmark markets and asset classes in more than 80 countries around the world.
London Stock Exchange Group is also a leading developer of high performance trading platforms and capital markets software. In addition to the Group’s own markets, over 30 other organisations and exchanges around the world use the Group’s MillenniumIT trading, surveillance and post trade technology.
Headquartered in London, United Kingdom with significant operations in Italy, France, North America and Sri Lanka, the Group employs approximately 2,800 people.
Further information on London Stock Exchange Group can be found at: www.lseg.com