Our strategic priorities
We aim to be a strategic enabler of sustainable growth by focusing on those issues where we can have the greatest impact. Our refreshed sustainability strategy has three strategic priorities underpinned by a series of objectives.
Decarbonising the whole global economy is critical to minimise the worst consequences of climate change. We are leveraging LSEG’s unique market position, capabilities, products and services to support a global reallocation of capital which shares the costs and benefits of reaching net zero fairly between, and within, countries.
- Transition capital: Enable more companies and issuers to access the capital needed to finance the transition to a low-carbon economy and enable investors to build transition-aligned portfolios.
- Data and disclosure: Improve transparency and understanding of environmental, social and financial risks associated with the transition by promoting clear, comparable and comprehensive data, analytical tools and research to inform investment decision-making, deeper engagement between companies and investors and market-wide collaboration.
- LSEG Net Zero: Fulfil our commitment to the UN Race to Zero to reduce LSEG’s carbon emissions by 50% by 2030 and reach net zero by 2040.
- Green finance: Provide the market infrastructure to support the growth in green capital channelled towards sustainability solutions, clean growth and sustainable economic activity.
- Research: Leverage our research capabilities to support the growth of the green economy.
- Engagement: Promote and support market collaboration, innovation and public policy to scale green economic growth globally.
- Inclusive culture: Embed an inclusive culture at LSEG that values diverse perspectives and embraces diversity of every kind.
- Inclusive markets: Use our central position within global capital markets to promote inclusion within companies, industry and society more widely through market collaboration, research and greater disclosure.
- Economic empowerment: Support socio-economic equality and economic empowerment to enable people to access education, employment and enterprise opportunities to build a secure future.