This report highlights growth and public initiatives related to digital assets, blockchain or distributed ledger technologies (DLT) in the stablecoin sector. Our report is compiled from DAR’s data sources, public sources, media reports and press releases, and, while wide-ranging, it does not necessarily include every initiative related to the sector.
- Stablecoins are a rapidly growing part of the digital asset ecosystem categorized into three subsectors in the DAR Industry Taxonomy: Fiat Collateralized, Crypto Collateralized and Algorithmic, Non-Collateralized
- Tether (USDT) is the most utilized stablecoin with a market capitalization of over $30 billion
- Dai (DAI), the most utilized crypto-collateralized stablecoin, continues to gain popularity
- Regulators and Central Banks around the world are increasingly paying closer attention to stablecoins
- A number of Central Banks are launching or considering sponsoring a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC)