The main features of real estate as an asset class — relatively predictable income, the frequent inflation-linking of rents and a return stream that is relatively uncorrelated with other assets — make it a natural consideration for investors looking to achieve long-term savings goals. With uncertainty about the future path of the world economy, interest rates and inflation, it’s unsurprising that real assets are in renewed demand.
Points of differentiation:
- The FTSE EPRA Nareit Global Real Estate Index Series is built with specialist external input
- Broad and speciality indices cater for different investor demands
- We combine a top-down approach to sector selection, combined with a bottom-up earnings screen at the end of the process
- Real estate securities require publicly audited accounts in English to enter index
- Special nationality rules apply to our real estate index