Green Soutions Analyst
FTSE Russell is a rapidly developing company in the business of providing financial indices, growing at 10-20% per annum. Working from a position of market leadership in both Europe and the US through the integration of the respective FTSE and Russell index businesses its strategy is to develop the FTSE Russell brand globally and dramatically increase its business worldwide. FTSE Russell's mission is to become the leading provider of indices globally over the next few years. It competes on a global scale working with global investment banks, fund managers, exchanges, data vendors and the media. Its major competitors are MSCI, and S&P Dow Jones. FTSE Russell is part of The London Stock Exchange Group.
THE BUSINESS NEED
FTSE Russell has been a pioneer in Sustainable Investment services since the launch of the FTSE4Good Index Series in 2001.
FTSE Russell has been a pioneer in Sustainable Investment services since the launch of the FTSE4Good Index Series in 2001. Since this time FTSE Russell has invested in continually growing its Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) services to meet client demand and has developed an internationally known and respected team. Since 2007, FTSE Russell has been helping financial organisations invest in companies providing environmental solutions with the launch of the FTSE Environmental Markets index family and in 2016 launched the Low Carbon Economy data product which drives the associated Green Revenues indexes that track the global transition to a green economy. FTSE Russell has needs to maintain and build additional related innovative products for the market.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The individual will play a key role overseeing the sourcing of green solutions data and will work closely with the Head of Green Solutions both supporting existing products and developing new products. The individual will also be involved in interaction and support of clients; both listed companies and investors. They will have a deeply analytical mind, an acute eye for detail but also will be a confident communicator. They will have a wide range of responsibilities including:
• Data collection
o Coordinating green solutions data collection
o Ensuring data arrives on a timely basis
o Responsibility for a high level of data quality
o Engagement with corporates to increase disclosure levels
o Training analysts on FTSE Russell systems
o Executing administrative and other tasks concurrently
• New Products
o Developing criteria and operational processes for new products
o Managing data collection process as above
o Inputting into the design of the web-based operations and analytics platform
o Assisting in the continual refinement of existing products
• Business Development and client support:
o Interaction with clients
o Support to existing and potential clients
o Contribution to the development of new business areas
o Delivery of high calibre verbal and written reports
o Input & support to independent FTSE Committees
Required Skills and Experience
It is expected that with limited supervision the candidate will be able to deliver all key aspects of the role identified above. You will have had some work experience, preferably within financial services or a sustainability field.
• Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (e.g. science, engineering, math, law or business)
• MBA, MSc or CFA desirable
• Demonstrable work experience (ideally in financial services or in an analytical environment)
• Strong analytical / IT experience and as a minimum very experienced in using standard Microsoft applications
• Excellent verbal and written ability in English is essential together with a professional business and communication manner.
• Language skills are desirable
• An understanding of sustainability / responsible investment and how companies manage & adapt to environmental, social and governance issues would be a distinct advantage
TYPE OF PERSON
This needs to be someone who can juggle a large variety of different projects and be able to prioritize and schedule them effectively. The Sustainable Investment team is global and the candidate will need to be comfortable working with limited supervision. It would also be highly desirable for the individual to have had experience in working in investment or financial services and to have an interest in sustainable and responsible investment. They should be;
• Highly motivated, organized and disciplined in managing work flows
• Proactive in identifying and managing challenges as they arise
• Able to grasp new concepts quickly and incisively
• Able to analyze and present data/evaluative comment in a structured and consistent manner
• Someone who enjoys communicating externally and producing high quality written reports
• A self motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent attention to detail
• Able to adapt to a changing brief and to respond to new challenges in a positive manner
• Strong interpersonal skills: able to work within a team, with managers and staff throughout FTSE Russell, as well as at director level with companies
This is a full time role based in Fort Mill, SC (20 minutes by car from Charlotte, NC).