Understanding current reporting regulations
How consistent and defined is the new ‘global’ regulatory reporting regime and how prepared is the industry?
- What are the effective regulatory reporting deadlines and what remains to be defined
- Areas of alignment and inconsistency
- Readiness of market: Dealers, Trade Repositories, Market Participants and Buy Side
What are the new front-to-back processes that Dealers need to implement?
- Regulatory control: this isn’t a one-off
- Best-in-class trade control
- Operational assurance and compliance – what is it and why is it important?
What is the impact on dealers in terms of the usual trade-offs between cost, control and service?
- Moving from Day 1 compliance to competitive advantage
- The cost of ‘doing business’ – the basic service ‘hurdle’
- Winners and losers – what makes the difference?
Katelyn Brown - Consulting Partner, Deloitte
Katelyn is a Deloitte Consulting Partner with a Capital Markets focus and responsibility for Deloitte’s EMIR/Dodd Frank and Compliance Transformation services. Her clients include members of the G14 dealers and key market participants. She co-leads the industry PMO; overseeing compliance with various global OTC derivatives regulatory reporting regimes, including EMIR, Dodd Frank, JFSA, HKMA, MAS and ASIC. Other client engagements include dealer post-trade reporting, confirmation timeliness, client money segregation, business conduct standards and uncleared margin requirements. Katelyn is Certified Public Accountant with an MBA from London Business School.