Turquoise Plato Block Discovery™
There is now more than 3 years* of empirical data showcasing a MiFID II compliant mechanism for executing larger anonymous block orders.
- Over €82bn traded since launch, of which 95% since the signing of the Cooperation Agreement with Plato Partnership in Sept 2016.
- €955,000: Average Trade Size for trades above Large In Scale in January and February 2018.
- €1.3 million: Average Trade Size for MiFID II - ESMA Band 8 and 9 Blue Chips above 100% LIS in January and February 2018.
Turquoise Plato Block Discovery™ breaking new record*
- €15.5m: Maximum Trade Size
- €575.4m: Record Daily Value Traded (11 January 2018); which is equivalent to the total value traded during the first 9 months of service.
- €2.5bn: Record Weekly Value Traded (5-9 February 2018); which is equivalent to the total value traded during the first 20 months of service.
- €9.3bn: Record Monthly Value Traded (January 2018); which is more than the total value traded during the first 2 years of service.
*as of February 2018
What our customers and partners say about us
Mike Bellaro, Plato Co-Chair and Global Head of Equity Trading, Deutsche Asset Management
The constructive cooperation that is evident in Turquoise Plato™ manifests in the exponential growth of a service that meets the needs of the industry. As we approach MiFID II, the success of the Turquoise Plato Block Discovery™ can be an example to the market about how we can work together to innovate, and Turquoise Plato™ has laid the foundations to drive forward future industry initiatives for the benefit of market participants.
Justin Brickwood, Managing Director, Goldman Sachs International
As market structure evolves and MiFID II approaches, the success of Turquoise Plato Block Discovery™ can be an example to the market about how we can work together to innovate.
Paul Collins, Franklin Templeton
The third year of Turquoise Plato Block Discovery™ is another milestone on the journey towards greater cooperation among different stakeholders, improving market structure and allowing end investors to allocate capital more efficiently.
Nej D’jelal, Plato Co-Chair and Managing Director, Head of Electronic Equities Product, EMEA, Barclays
The third anniversary of the creation of the Turquoise Plato Block Discovery™ marks a substantial and exciting milestone for the industry, and we have seen huge strides towards improving European equity markets in the interests of end investors. Turquoise Plato™ is a collective effort from the investment community, and we hope to see continued success in developing and enhancing the future of equity markets.
Eric Heleine, Groupama Asset Management
The main challenge for Asset Managers, like Groupama AM, is to reduce the impact of our orders on the markets. Innovations like Turquoise Plato Block Discovery are significant in meeting our needs and maximising the quality of execution. Turquoise Plato is a response to the industry's need for liquidity research and price discovery"
Robert Paxton, Veritas Asset Management
Our experience and analysis of Turquoise Plato Block Discovery has, and continues to be, resoundingly positive. We continue to see Block Discovery as a trusted venue of choice when sourcing real liquidity in a safe and protected manner.
Paul Squires, Global Head of Trading and Securities Financing at AXA Investment Managers/ Plato Partnership Member
Ensuring we get ahead of the curve to provide the market with solutions that will drive genuine utility is absolutely central to Plato Partnership’s values, and the third anniversary of Turquoise Plato Block Discovery has demonstrated this success. With a track record of customer engagement and innovation through listening and executing the very implementations requested by us the customers, we look forward to continuing the journey towards greater cooperation among different stakeholders to improve market structures.