London Stock Exchange welcomes Alfa to the Main Market
- Largest IPO in 2017 so far – software company valued at £975 million, raising £254 million
- Confirms London Stock Exchange’s leading role as global listing venue for high growth technology companies
London Stock Exchange today welcomes Alfa Financial Software Holdings (Alfa), a developer of mission-critical software for the asset finance industry, to the Main Market, following the company’s £975 million IPO. Raising £254 million, it is the largest company to list in London in 2017 so far.
Nikhil Rathi, CEO of London Stock Exchange plc, welcomed Andrew Denton, CEO of Alfa to open trading on London’s markets this morning to celebrate the listing.
Andrew Denton, Chief Executive, Alfa:
“Joining London Stock Exchange is an important day for everyone at Alfa. We have built a business that is predicated not just on industry-leading technology, but also on a thorough understanding of our markets and deep relationships with blue-chip organisations across the globe.
“We have developed a strong platform from which we will continue to execute our proven growth strategy, and a public listing will be highly effective in supporting our ambitions. I would like to welcome our new shareholders who join us at this exciting stage in our growth.”
Nikhil Rathi, CEO, London Stock Exchange plc:
“Welcoming Alfa to our markets today confirms London’s position as a leading global listing venue, able to attract and support dynamic companies from across all sectors and highlights the exceptional investor appetite for fast growing tech companies.
“Working across the entire financing ecosystem, London Stock Exchange continues to ensure that the fastest growing and most innovative UK and international businesses have access to critical equity growth capital. This is this essential for the companies that deliver jobs, innovation and economic development across the UK.”
London Stock Exchange is playing a leading role in supporting the UK’s thriving tech sector, supporting dynamic tech businesses not only at IPO but throughout their development.
- Worldpay, the global payments company, has returned to the London markets 3 times since its landmark £4.8 billion IPO in October 2015, the world’s largest tech IPO by deal size
- Worldpay has raised an additional £2.3 billion, most recently £606 million in February 2017
- In February 2017, LSEG’s fintech platform, ELITE Club Deal, an online private placement platform to help ELITE companies attract all types of scale-up finance went live
- LSEG’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2017 report showcases 66 Information Technology companies from across the UK
- In October 2016, Edinburgh-based accounting software provider FreeAgent raised £10.7 million on AIM – a recipient of early stage VC money, it was the first equity crowdfunded company to float in the UK
- Ends -