Company identification and nomination criteria
Companies to inspire Africa
A landmark report to identify Africa's most inspiring Small & Medium-sized Enterprises
To ensure the highest standard of data, companies will need to be nominated for inclusion by one of their:
- Investors, e.g Private Equity, Venture Capital, Development Finance Institution
- International or affiliated local audit firm
- Law firm
The nominating company can choose to be named alongside each business featured in the report. Companies are not permitted to nominate themselves.
To be nominated, companies must meet the following criteria:
- Be a private, un-listed business
- Be headquartered in Africa
- Revenues under $1bn per annum
To nominate a company, you will need to provide the following data:
- Background company information including, company name, CEO name, sector, location and website details
- 4 years audited, topline revenue number
- Current employee numbers
- Name of audit firm
Working with PWC, we have developed a scoring system that will be applied to all nominated companies to create the final shortlist of Companies to Inspire Africa.
The PwC-developed scoring system will be based on three variables:
- Revenue growth over three years, weighted in favour of recent growth
- Weighted sector performance – companies in fast growing sectors will need to demonstrate higher growth rates than those in slower growing sectors
- Country variable – companies based in high performing economies will need to demonstrate higher growth rates than those in economies with lower performance
The highest scoring companies will be published in the final report, but will not be ranked.