Non-executive director workshop in collaboration with Colombo Stock Exchange
days to go
A virtual session in collaboration with Colombo Stock Exchange to cover in depth non-executive director rights, duties and their roles within boards.
LSEG Academy is pleased to present a brand new hands-on and interactive virtual session, organised in collaboration with our partner Colombo Stock Exchange. Customised for the Sri Lanka market, the virtual session, covers a breadth of essential topics including: Director rights and duties, the role of NEDS, NEDs and boards, the chairman and board committees, updates on corporate governance, business strategy and risk management and evolving good practices in board performance.
The interactive virtual session with surveys and quizzes will be an excellent opportunity to further understand the Non-Executive Director role and the consequences of NED failings. Leveraging case study material and practical examples, the session will enhance the knowledge of course delegates to enable them to perform their role with increased confidence, particularly given the increased internal and external scrutiny the role entails.
Aspiring NEDs need an understanding of the core foundational knowledge, new NEDs need to have the tips, tools and frameworks to accelerate their progress , experienced NEDs need to keep up to date and ensure their further development by learning the latest and most cutting edge NED best practices.
Attending this course will enable you to:
- Understand what it means to be a professional non-executive director via an interactive, case study and quiz-based session
- Keep up to date with best in class governance, strategy and risk practices that are aligned to stakeholder interests
- Appreciate what an effective board looks like and understand the consequences of NED failings
- Understand the importance and value of board renewal and effective succession planning to drive value
- Maximise productivity and efficiency by leveraging insights on running successful Board Meetings.
Who should attend?
This virtual course has been designed to appeal to the following professionals:
- Aspiring and new NEDs
- Company Secretaries and others who support NEDS
- NEDs seeking a refresher and to widen their portfolio
- A full copy of the course materials and examples
- A certificate of completion
by emailing the Colombo Stock Exchange: Investoreducation@cse.lk
16.30 - 19.30 SLST Wednesday 28 October 2020
- Introduction - Objectives of the session including initial survey feedback.
- The Life of a NED - Role, Responsibilities and Duties of Directors
Interactive session dedicated to best practices
- Building Blocks of Corporate Governance - key concepts and what it means.
Interactive session dedicated to the 5 pillars of corporate governance and NED failings
- The Effective Director – The workings of the board
Quiz based fast paced review the roles of the Chair, NEDs and the board Committees.
- Board Renewal – Succession planning and Board evaluations
Interactive session based on real evaluation detailing what is involved
- Strategic Risk Management - Risk management update from the board’s perspective
Quiz based key topics and areas of concern, risk and viability planning
- Running Successful Board Meetings – Agendas and Effective Board Meetings
Practical session on board reporting, devising agendas and running effective meetings
Conclusion - Summary overview, potential actions for individuals and wrap-up Q & A