Investor Relations Level 2 - Implementing an Effective IR Strategy
days to go
London Stock Exchange, London
Designed to give more experienced Investor Relations (‘IR’) professionals and Capital Markets participants an in-depth update on current IR best practices.
Designed to give more experienced Investor Relations (‘IR’) professionals and Capital Markets participants an in-depth view of current IR best practices.
The course will enable you to place your IR activities in a strategic framework to achieve specific goals. The day covers regulation compliance and disclosure practice, capital markets trends, building closer relationships with existing and potential investors and analysts, evolving technology and social media for IR, as well as best practices in critical aspects of the day-to-day IR role.
The aim of the course is to provide a practical view of what the investment community expects and how you as the face of the company can influence this. The programme offers a wealth of practical tips, real life case studies and industry expert speakers.
This course is the perfect follow up to our IR Fundamentals course, for those professionals and practitioners that want a more advanced understanding of IR best practices.
In addition to the update on reporting and disclosure practice, Industry best practices and changes, there are several key outcomes that you can expect from this course;
- Learn how to develop a focused IR strategy based on analysis of your current situation
- Understand what drives investors investment rationale and how to use this to enhance your company’s equity story and value
- Learn what analysts expect from you and how best to engage with them
- Understand the industry changes and anticipate what this will mean for you
- Appreciate how IR can support the board and its governance process
- Benchmark your own IR practices against industry standards
- Learn how to get the best from your IR toolkit
Who should attend?
This one-day course has been designed to appeal to the following professionals:
- IR Professionals
- Communication and PR Directors of listed and listing companies
- Seasoned PR and IR consultants
- Capital markets practitioners
- A full copy of the course materials and examples
- Additional briefing papers covering regulations, best practices and other subjects that will serve as a reference guide and support your overall learning from the course
- Overall framework and detailed practical tips for developing your IR programme
This course attracts 7 CPD points.
Welcome and introduction to course objectives
Creating a Winning Investor Relations Strategy
- How to define the purpose of IR
- IR Skill sets - What makes for a good IR user experience?
- Benchmarking your IR strategy and measuring success
- How can the Board help?
Regulatory and Accounting Update
- Market abuse and insider dealing
- Governance and Accounting
- Corporate reporting and prospectuses
- Transparency and sustainability disclosures
Capital Markets Developments
- Understanding the investment chain
- The Capital Markets and how they trade today
- Different investors and their remits
- The Shareholder Activism movement
Engaging Investors and Analysts and Developing Relationships
- Sell-side analysts and managing consensus
- Shareholder identification and targeting investors
- Understanding your audience’s sentiment
Building Corporate Value and Reputation
- Developing the IR programme
- Best practice IR toolkits and calendars
- Taking your IR programme to the next level