You are here
- The UK's new corporate governance regime
The UK's new corporate governance regime
London Stock Exchange, 10 Paternoster Square, London, EC4M 7LS
This one-day workshop will provide delegates with an in-depth understanding of the corporate governance framework in the UK and reviews current best practice and governance hot topics.
Change is coming to corporate governance in the UK. The Government has announced a "world-leading" package of reforms which it is starting to implement. Secondary legislation promotes greater transparency and accountability, including for the widening of the governance lens to include for the first time large privately-owned businesses. Central to these changes is a new, substantially revised UK Corporate Governance Code, applicable from 1 January 2019.
This 1-day course provides delegates with an essential corporate governance update at this time. Content includes:
- context for the changes
- detailed review of the new, revised Code (highlighting changes from the 2016 Code)
- review of the accompanying Guidance on Board Effectiveness 2018
- overview of the draft Wates Corporate Governance Principles for Large Private Companies
- commentary on the direction of travel of corporate governance in the UK
- the key cases analysed
Directors (both executives and non-executives), company secretaries and governance professionals need to be aware of these changes and the implications for reporting.