You are here
- EMIR Reporting Foundation Course
EMIR Reporting Foundation Course
days to go
London Stock Exchange
10 Paternoster Square
Certified training course to provide operations and compliance staff with a thorough grounding in the EMIR reporting requirements
This half day entry-level course provides a foundation for compliance and operations professionals who are involved with EMIR transaction reporting. It’s a fully interactive course including an examination where a pass mark will confirm sufficient proficiency. This course is CPD Certified and accredited by the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI). All our courses are delivered by experts in the regulatory field.
The London Stock Exchange Group have developed a EMIR reporting foundation course to provide operations and compliance staff with a thorough grounding in the EMIR reporting requirements. This course includes the New RTS (Level 3) Requirements. All our courses are delivered by experts in the regulatory field and all our content is either designed or approved by our in-house SME, David Nowell.
There are various course dates available throughout 2018. All courses run from 9.00am-13.00pm on the day specified. Please click the Register Here button, at the top of the screen to view all dates.
All course dates will be accompanied by an exam to provide evidence that the candidates have reached an appropriate level of understanding. The exam runs from 9am-10am on the dates listed above. All our courses are delivered by experts in the regulatory field.
NB: You will be scheduled to sit the exam for when you take the course. All attendees must ensure they are available for both the course and the relevant exam per the dates listed above. Any attendee not available for the exam must pay an additional £100 re-sit fee.
The foundation course provides training on the core elements in the EMIR reporting requirements including:
– Background to the transaction reporting requirements
• G20 Commitment
• Key documentation
– What entities need to report
• Definitions of a financial and non-financial counterparty
• Geographic considerations
• Buy-side considerations
– Definition of a derivative
• Particular focus on FX derivatives
– How and when reports need to be made
– Trading Scenarios
• Exchange trade derivatives – who reports against who
• ETD give-ups
• OTC cleared v OTC bi-lateral
• Terminations and partial terminations
– Position Reporting
– Collateral & Valuation Reporting
– Data standards – basics
• Generic Descriptions of all non-asset class specific fields covered in the ESMA Reporting Technical Standards
• Legal Entity Identifiers
• Unique Trade Identifiers: format and generation
• Product Identifiers: ISIN, Aii and interim
• Data Validation (Level 1 and Level 2 Validations)
• pre- reporting
• Inter-TR reconciliation
£600 plus VAT (UnaVista client rate)
£800 plus VAT (non-UnaVista client rate)
NB: UnaVista clients will be invoiced the fee post the course. Non-UnaVista clients must pay by credit/debit card at time of booking.
UnaVista client rate: £600 (+VAT )
Non-client rate: £800 (+VAT )
NB: UnaVista clients will be invoiced the fee. Non-UnaVista clients can pay by credit card.