You are here
- UK Listing, Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules seminar
UK Listing, Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules seminar
London Stock Exchange, London.
Senior representatives from top consultancy firms will provide their perspective and guidance.
Companies with a listing or who are about to list will be required to comply with UK listing, disclosure guidance and transparency rules. These rules establish minimum requirements in respect of:
- Proper communication to the market, including the disclosure of price-sensitive information
- Shareholder interaction and disclosure considerations where significant transactions are concerned
- Periodic financial reporting – both timings and content
With the UK regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority, scrutinising the compliance of listed companies more closely than ever, this seminar provides an ideal opportunity for existing issuers of those considering a listing on the market to understand both the fundamentals and the latest developments.
This is a fast-paced seminar covering the very latest EU and UK driven regulatory developments affecting you as a listed company representative including; Market Abuse, Related Party Transactions, Inside information, PDMR dealings and systems and controls.
- The FRC focus on company culture, diversity and succession planning
- The modern slavery act
- Payment practices
- Tax strategies and practices
- Managing information risk
- Variable remuneration periods
With emphasis on practical sessions, senior representatives from top consultancy firms will provide their perspective and guidance via a series of presentations and real life worked examples and case studies.
Who should attend?
This seminar course is targeted at those with an intermediate or senior level of knowledge seeking to be updated with the latest developments, information and perspective including:
- Company secretaries
- Financial directors
- Legal counsel
- Corporate communication
- Investor relations officers
Registration fee: £495 + VAT
8.55 - 9:00 - Chair’s welcome - Overview and objectives of the seminar
Chair: Claire Fargeot
9:00 - 10:45 - The fundamentals Life as a listed company: key developments
- Update on the regulatory framework for all listed companies
- Governance: hot topics
- Changes to the listing rules
- Perspective and practical steps
10:15 – 10:25 Coffee and networking
The transparent market:
- Contributing to an open and fair market
- Managing inside information
- Company announcements: case studies and practical lessons
- Share dealing by senior management
Speakers: Charles Mayo and Chris Horton, Simmons and Simmons
10:55 – 11:15 Coffee and networking
11.15 – 13:00 Shareholder considerations and reporting to the market
- The role of the Sponsor
- Significant transactions – class tests and notifications
- Transactions with related parties etc.
- A shareholder’s right of pre-emption
Reporting to the market:
- Overview of the financial and narrative reporting regime
- Corporate reporting update
- Accounting rules update
- Best practices
Speakers: Colin Aaronson and Robert W Carroll, Grant Thornton
Customer Service and training enquiries:
Telephone number: +44 (0) 207 7971821
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our programme specialists and customer service team are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm to help you with any queries related to our programmes or to the registration process.
"It provided me with some relevant/current updates on key areas particularly where the FCA is focusing its attention. Seeing what is coming over the hill is always useful."
"Knowledgeable presenters and good audience participation"
"Practical with good all round update."
"It delivered a great overview and highlighted any recent updates to note."
"The examples of past issues is quite helpful in bringing issues/responsibilities to life."