LSEG makes co-location directly available to vendors and service providers
- Unique opportunity for both trading and non-trading market participants
- Providers can co-locate equipment
- Microsecond access to Exchange’s trading and information systems
- Trading participants will benefit from co-located service providers’ hosting solutions
- Access to broad community of high frequency traders
- Move follows extensive customer consultation
- Additional capacity available to meet high demand
London Stock Exchange Group [“LSEG”] announced today that non-trading market participants, including vendors and service providers, can take their own cabinets within the Exchange’s Hosting facility. The move, undertaken after detailed consultation with market participants, represents a significant strategic step in the evolution of the Exchange Hosting service, paving the way for the creation of a unique community of both trading firms and solution providers in the Exchange’s data centre.
Antoine Shagoury, Chief Information Officer, London Stock Exchange Group, said:
“This is another significant step forward in our efforts to enhance the Exchange Hosting service. Our ever expanding community of trading customers will directly benefit from this vendor diversification and the innovative, value added services and products these new non–trading participants will bring to our co-location environment.”
Exchange Hosting, which was formally launched in September 2009, provides high frequency algorithmic trading firms with microsecond access to any of the London Stock Exchange Group’s markets, allowing firms to physically locate their servers as close as possible to the Exchange’s matching engines.
To accommodate the expansion of the Exchange Hosting service to non-trading participants and continued strong demand for colocation services, the Exchange will release additional cabinet space in its central London data centre at the end of November.
Non-trading participants will be able to use the Exchange Hosting space to offer a range of services, including:
- Centrally redistribute market data to the broad community of high frequency trading clients located within the Exchange’s data centre
- Install and facilitate a trading participant’s hosting solution, offering a fully managed end to end service
- Connect to multiple trading firms to centrally provide software and solutions that facilitate trading firm’s operations
- Provide connectivity to trading services (for Member Firms) and to information services for the distribution of market data to clients located outside of the Exchange Hosting facility
- ends -
For further information, please contact:
Alastair Fairbrother Press Office +44 (0)20 7797 1222
Notes to Editors:
About London Stock Exchange Group
London Stock Exchange Group (LSE.L) sits at the heart of the world’s financial community. The Group operates a broad range of international equity, bond and derivatives markets, including London Stock Exchange; Borsa Italiana; MTS, Europe's leading fixed income market; and Turquoise, offering pan-European and US lit and dark equity trading. Through its markets, the Group offers international business unrivalled access to Europe’s capital markets.
The Group is a leading developer of high performance trading platforms and capital markets software and also offers its customers around the world an extensive range of real-time and reference data products and market-leading post-trade services.
Headquartered in London, United Kingdom with significant operations in Italy and Sri Lanka, the Group employs around 1500 people. Further information on London Stock Exchange Group can be found at www.londonstockexchangegroup.com