London Stock Exchange website offers new services to retail community
- Updated version includes new data and complimentary services for registered users
The London Stock Exchange’s new website has gone live today. Addressing the needs of the retail community, the updated site offers new tools and services together with greater access to data and news.
A new homepage and additions across the site will enhance an already popular resource with private investors. The new services include:
- New data available on International markets and share of trading
- Daily news updates through live newsfeeds from Dow Jones and Digital Look
- New personal finance news page, including regular news updates for the private investor community
- Enhanced company summaries, including a new company fundamentals page
- Free alert service and weekly newsletter for registered users
- A weekly focus section addressing current topics in the market with expert commentary from the Exchange and quarterly discussion pieces that look in detail at wider issues affecting the markets.
Luca Baselice, Group Corporate Websites Manager for London Stock Exchange Group, said:
“We are delighted to introduce this increased functionality to our London website. Greater access to data, informative commentary and live news updates will create a more comprehensive service for the retail community actively engaged in our markets.
“As part of an ongoing dialogue with our customers these changes will provide private investors with a broad range of tools and enhanced access to market information online.”
The launch of these new web services today is part of a wider series of initiatives by the Exchange aimed at facilitating better access to financial markets and improved information for private investors:
- In February this year it launched the Order Book for Retail Bonds (ORB) to give private investors greater access to fixed income investment.
- In July, the Exchange announced a pricing promotion on real time market data aimed at the private investor community.
- A pricing promotion to incentivise private client brokers to offer customers the ability to direct their business straight onto the Exchange’s order books was launched at the end of July.
- The Exchange has been working with member firms to extend the availability of Direct Market Access (DMA) to retail clients;
- Proquote, the London Stock Exchange’s real-time market data and trading terminal has a network connecting over 30 Retail Service Providers to over 135 brokers. Proquote's Retail Service Provider execution hub has shown considerable growth and is now one of the UK’s largest retail execution hubs. The average amount traded over the last three months rose to £2.2 billion, an increase of 54 per cent on the same period in 2009.
- ends -
For further information, please contact:
Lauren Crawley-Moore Press Office +44 (0)20 7797 1222
Notes to editors:
About London Stock Exchange Group:
London Stock Exchange Group is Europe's leading diversified exchange business, incorporating Borsa Italiana and the London Stock Exchange. With over 500 member firms and more than 3,000 companies quoted across its markets, the Group operates the largest and most liquid equity marketplace in Europe.
The London Stock Exchange itself is the world's most international exchange with around 600 overseas companies from almost 70 countries. These figures include international companies quoted on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM), the London Stock Exchange's growth market, and the world's most successful market for small and medium sized enterprises with over 1,200 companies.
The Group offers trading in a wide range of instruments, holding the number one position in the trading of exchange-traded products (ETFs and ETCs) and through its interest in MTS, is Europe’s leading platform for the trading of fixed income products. Through the Order Book for Retail Bonds and Mercato Telematico delle Obbligazioni (MOT) the Group also offers a comprehensive range of UK and European corporate and government bond trading services. Its Italian Derivatives Exchange Market (IDEM) sees over €2.5 billion worth of trading every day and through EDX London the Group provides a facility for the trading of Scandinavian and Russian equity derivatives.
London Stock Exchange Group also offers post-trade services such as netting, clearing and settlement on an efficient and competitive basis. These include services from Monte Titoli, the Central Securities Depository for all Italian financial instruments, and Cassa di Compensazione & Garanzia (CC&G), which in July 2009 was granted Recognised Overseas Clearing House (ROCH) status by the FSA to operate in the UK.
With the acquisition of MillenniumIT, the Group encompasses a leading developer of low cost high performance trading platforms and financial markets software serving both the industry and the Group's own businesses.
Since February 2010 London Stock Exchange Group has owned a majority stake in Turquoise, a Multilateral Trading Facility (MTF) providing pan-European and US lit and dark equity trading in some 2,000 securities across 19 countries.