Four IPOs in one day raise over £900 million
- African Barrick Gold, Metric Property Investments, SuperGroup and CPP Group head strong international and UK IPO pipelines
The London Stock Exchange today welcomed four new companies to its Main Market. Between them, the IPOs of African Barrick Gold, Metric Property Investments, SuperGroup and CPP Group have raised over £900 million.
Tracey Pierce, Head of Equity Primary Markets, London Stock Exchange Group, said:
“I am delighted to welcome four companies to our Main Market in just one day, indicative of the strength of our UK and international IPO pipeline. Today’s listings, including an African gold producer and a UK fashion retailer, highlight how companies from both home and abroad are keen to tap into London’s deep pool of equity capital to help them continue to develop and grow their businesses.
“Our pipeline of new companies looking to come to market is strong, with firms from a broad range of countries and sectors looking to list alongside their global peers in London. We are confident that more firms will seek to take advantage of the profile and access to capital that a London listing offers.”
Recent primary market highlights:
- African Barrick Gold joined the Main Market on 24 March, raising £581 million, the largest IPO in London since 2008
- Metric Property Investments, a UK-incorporated specialist retail property investment company, joined the Main Market as a Real Estate Investment Trust [“REIT”] on 24 March, raising gross proceeds of £175 million
- SuperGroup admitted to the Main Market on 24 March, raising £125 million
- CPP Group, an international life assistance business joined the Main Market on 24 March, with a total offer size of £150 million
- Promethean World, a Blackburn-based interactive learning technology provider, joined the Main Market on 17 March, raising £114 million
- Digital Barriers, a digital security and surveillance firm joined AIM on 4 March, raising £20 million
- Equatorial Palm Oil, a West African crude palm oil producer, joined AIM on 26 February, raising £6.5 million
- Kea Petroleum, a New Zealand-focused oil and gas exploration company, joined AIM on 15 February, raising £6 million.
For further information, please contact:
Alastair Fairbrother Press Office +44 (0)20 7797 1222
Notes to editors
About London Stock Exchange Group:
London Stock Exchange Group is Europe's leading diversified exchange business, incorporating Borsa Italiana and London Stock Exchange. With over 500 member firms and more than 3,000 companies quoted across its markets, the Group operates the largest and most liquid equity marketplace in Europe.
London Stock Exchange itself is the world's most international exchange with over 600 overseas companies from more than 70 countries quoted on its markets. These figures include international companies on AIM, the London Stock Exchange's growth market, which has grown to become the world's most successful market for small and medium sized enterprises with 1,385 companies at the end of July 2009.
The Group offers trading in a wide range of instruments, holding the number one position in the trading of exchange-traded products (ETFs and ETCs) and through its interest in MTS, is Europe’s leading platform for the trading of fixed income products. Through Borsa Italiana’s MOT market it offers a comprehensive range of European corporate and government bond trading services. Its Italian Derivatives Exchange Market (IDEM) sees over €2.5 billion worth of trading every day and through EDX London the Group provides a facility for the trading of Scandinavian and Russian equity derivatives.
London Stock Exchange Group also offers post-trade services such as netting, clearing and settlement on an efficient and competitive basis. These include services from Monte Titoli, the Central Securities Depository for all Italian financial instruments, and Cassa di Compensazione & Garanzia (CC&G), which in July 2009 was granted Recognised Overseas Clearing House (ROCH) status by the FSA to operate in the UK.
Now with the recent acquisition of MillenniumIT, the Group also encompasses a leading developer of low cost high performance trading platforms and financial markets software serving both the industry and the Group's own businesses.