SFTR (Securities Financing Transaction Regulation) Reporting Solution
The European Commission have increased the transparency of Securities Financing Transactions markets, not previously covered through other regulations. As such SFTR requires firms to report their SFTs to an approved EU trade repository.
What is the timeline for this regulation?
- Q1 2016 SFTR regulation entered into force
- Q1 2017 ESMA submitted the final draft of RTS to the EU Commission
- Q1/Q2 2018 Expected endorsement of final draft by the European Commission
- 2020 SFTR phased reporting began
How is SFTR affecting firms?
ESMA published the final report on the standards implementing the SFT regulation. Firms affected include banks, investment firms, CCPs, CSDs, insurance, reinsurance undertakings, pension funds, UCITs, AIFs and non-financial counterparties. Here are some points for firms to consider:
- Operational challenges in generating trade data giving the short T+1 reporting timeframe
- Complex chains resulting from re-use of collateral securities
- Rehypothecation could be a key point of contention for firms
- Minimum standards for collateral valuation will eliminate obscure weaknesses in balance sheets
How can UnaVista help you with SFTR?
UnaVista is an award-winning European Trade Repository, so you are able to report all of your SFTs via UnaVista TRADEcho B.V. for EU based firms and UnaVista Ltd for UK based firms. Our state of the art trade repositories for derivative transactions allows clients to stay ahead of upcoming regulatory reforms and technological developments in the reporting industry in an ever shifting landscape.
Experienced Helping Hand
- Experienced regulatory team - LSEG has been at the forefront of helping clients with European regulations for decades. In addition to our two trade respositories; UnaVista TRADEcho B.V. and UnaVista Ltd, we are a trusted, neutral and regulated venue already providing many regulatory services such as Regulatory News Service (RNS) and National Numbering Agency (ISIN).
- Expert training and support - UnaVista’s CPD-certified training courses helps firms get a better understanding of the regulation and the reporting process. UnaVista provides training to clients and non-clients in a variety of formats; face-to-face, virtual bespoke on-site training and via our e-learning platform Our support team offer expert 24/5 assistance to clients.
Create Reporting Efficiencies
- All your global reporting in one place - UnaVista assists with a wide range of regulations. UnaVista’s Rules Engine acts as a central hub for the production of data to meet global regulatory reporting requirements. With linkages to global trade repositories the UnaVista Rules Engine helps firms to meet global regulations such as EMIR and MiFID II/MiFIR.
- Reference data to enrich your own - Enrich your data using Exchange’s reference data from source (LEI, ISIN, SEDOL, etc.) and plug in third party reference data you require. MTS Data is also sourced directly and exclusively from the MTS interdealer market and includes benchmark real-time data, reference data, reference prices and historical data, providing the benchmark data source on the fixed income market.
Simplify your Reporting
- Utilise your connection to MTS to report via UnaVista - MTS and UnaVista have come together to give repo participants the opportunity to fulfil their trade reporting obligations through an approved trade repository all through their single connection to LSEG.
- Easy to use platform - UnaVista can work in the way that suit yours business. Clients can import and export data in any format, and take advantage of highly customisable user permission and validation rules.
To find out more about the regulation, visit our SFTR regulation page.