EMIR Reporting Foundation Course
days to go
2 Dec 2021
London Stock Exchange
10 Paternoster Square
Certified training course to provide operations and compliance staff with a thorough grounding in the EMIR reporting requirements
This half day entry-level course provides a foundation for compliance and operations professionals who are involved with EMIR transaction reporting. It’s a fully interactive course including an examination where a pass mark will confirm sufficient proficiency. This course is CPD Certified and accredited by the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI). All our courses are delivered by experts in the regulatory field.
The London Stock Exchange Group have developed a EMIR reporting foundation course to provide operations and compliance staff with a thorough grounding in the EMIR reporting requirements. This course includes the New RTS (Level 3) Requirements. All our courses are delivered by experts in the regulatory field.
There are various course dates available throughout 2021:
- 4 February 2021 (9.00am - 1.00pm)
- 12 March 2021 (9.00am - 1.00pm)
- 30 April 2021 (9.00am - 1.00pm)
- 4 June 2021 (9.00am - 1.00pm)
- 22 July 2021 (9.00am - 1.00pm)
- Further dates will be added
Please click the Register Here button, at the top of the screen to select a date.
NB - Due to Covid 19 restrictions all our courses are currently being delivered remotely via WebEx
There is an examination accompanying the course - this provides evidence that the candidate has reached an appropriate level of understanding.
Please note however that we are currently unable to run exams due to our office being closed as a result of the Covid-19 lockdown restrictions.
The foundation course provides training on the core elements in the EMIR reporting requirements including:
– Background to the transaction reporting requirements
• G20 Commitment
• Key documentation
– What entities need to report
• Definitions of a financial and non-financial counterparty
• Geographic considerations
• Buy-side considerations
– Definition of a derivative
• Particular focus on FX derivatives
– How and when reports need to be made
– Trading Scenarios
• Exchange trade derivatives – who reports against who
• ETD give-ups
• OTC cleared v OTC bi-lateral
• Terminations and partial terminations
– Position Reporting
– Collateral & Valuation Reporting
– Data standards – basics
• Generic Descriptions of all non-asset class specific fields covered in the ESMA Reporting Technical Standards
• Legal Entity Identifiers
• Unique Trade Identifiers: format and generation
• Product Identifiers: ISIN, Aii and interim
• Data Validation (Level 1 and Level 2 Validations)
• pre- reporting
• Inter-TR reconciliation
£600 plus VAT (UnaVista client rate)
£800 plus VAT (non-UnaVista client rate)
NB: UnaVista clients will be invoiced the fee post the course. Non-UnaVista clients must pay by credit/debit card at time of booking.
Before booking, please ensure you have read our cancellation policy.
If you have any questions please contact us on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
UnaVista client rate: £600 (+VAT) and non-client rate: £800 (+VAT)
NB: UnaVista clients will be invoiced the fee. Non-UnaVista clients can pay by credit card.
UnaVista e-Learning Academy (Online Course):
£495 (+VAT )
NB: Payment is required at time of booking by credit or debit card.
“During my career I have attended several financial related trainings in the past but I strongly believe Unavista e-Learning Academy provided one of the best ones in terms of relevancy, content and delivery. During 2019 I have consumed both MIFIR and EMIR Foundation courses and successfully passed online and in class certifications. The whole training process was a pleasant experience being fit for non-financial background persons as well as experienced ones.
In class courses filled the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical business needs but with a personal touch and tailored to the audience.
The online e-Learning Platform is very intuitive and visual appealing allowing attendants to take the courses on their own schedule and prepare for the exams properly.
Overall impression about the Unavista Academy is that it provides an excellent opportunity for career advance, offering great value along with professional trainers.”
Radu Saligny, UnaVista Product Solutions Team Lead
- This is a tool that is fairly intuitive and you can feel that it has been tailored to the needs of your peers.
- Rather than finding a golden method to deliver information, it provides several types of info presentation and delivery, which you can customise as you go along.
- You can feel that the people behind it have considered information fatigue and are constantly doing their best to keep it diverse.
- The courses even carry a subtle note of ‘I know this info might not make much sense now, don’t worry, it will come up again in due context and you`ll map it properly then’.
Whether you are preparing for your existing role, training for future ones, starting in fintech or whether you`re already awesome at these, the UnaVista e-Learning Academy will give you that elusive ‘good student’ feeling.”
Valentin Ditulescu, UnaVista Customer Support Analyst