Global Investor's SFTR video conference
- Catherine Talks, Product Manager, UnaVista
- Nikolay Arnaudov, Senior Policy Officer, ESMA
- Chris Lewis, SFTR Program Manager, BNP Paribas
- Thomas Pikett, Vice President, JP Morgan
The Securities Financing Transactions Regulation, Video Conference, 29 April 2020.
- Intro: Oliver Blokland, Senior Conference Producer, Global Investor Group
- Keynote: Dr Kay Swinburne, Vice Chair of Financial Services, KPMG UK
SFTR Panel Discussion with Q&A
- SFTR an overview, in scope entities, transactions and phasing. What are the grey areas and how are they being resolved?
- How does it differ from EMIR? And what lessons can be and have been learned from the work undertaken to comply with earlier European reporting regulations?
- How do reporting vendors fit into the regime, how do these interact with delegated reporting, and what additional services are they providing?
- What are the key criteria for choosing a SFTR trade repository, and how do they help firms tackle the challenges posed by SFTR?
- The timing issues surrounding SFTR implementation, the Covid-19 situation & the role of market association guidance.
Moderator: Thomas Donegan, Partner, Shearman & Sterling