ISIN Services updates
New security request types on Pegasus and confidential code guidance
New security request types on Pegasus
We are pleased to announce that ISIN applications for Open Offer Entitlements & Optional Stock Dividend lines can now be requested through Pegasus.
The new security types introduced are:
- Par Value Open Offer (Sub Shs Claims) – (LB)
- Par Value Open Offer (Excess Apps) – (LD)
- NPV Open Offer (Sub Shs Claims) – (LA)
- NPV Open Offer (Excess Apps) – (LC)
- Optional Stock Dividend (Technical Rights) – (TD)
The above Security types are used for CREST Settlement purposes only and are required to keep track of elections made under the specified option in the description. The CFI code associated with both of these Open Offer lines would be R-M-X-X-X-X.
Optional Stock Dividend (Technical Rights) line is only issued where an election to receive shares instead of the dividend payment is required to be made. The CFI Code associated with this security would begin with T-D-*-*-*-*.
There is no longer a requirement to contact the ISIN Services and/or Stock Situations team to request ISINs for Open Offer Entitlements & Optional Stock Dividend lines. All ISIN applications must now be made through Pegasus with immediate effect.
Please also note that the timetable of events must still be cleared with the Stock Situations team directly who are contactable via firstname.lastname@example.org.
When placing an ISIN application for Open Offers or Technical Rights, please kindly ensure that that the correct security type is selected.
A separate individual ISIN application will need to be made for each of the Open Offer lines.
Confidential Code Release Guidance
New confidential code release guidance has been issued.
Please see below for information on who to inform when confidentiality is required to be removed from UK ISIN codes:
- If the confidential GB, IM, GG or JE ISIN code is not connected to a corporate action and/or is listing on a London Market, please continue to email ISINrequests@lseg.com for code release.
- Where a confidential GB, IM, GG or JE ISIN code has been issued by the London Stock Exchange that is connected to a corporate action, please continue to inform the Stock Situations Notice Team (SSN) of when the ISIN can be released. This will then be communicated to ISIN Services
Should you have a query or require an amendment to the descriptive data relating on a GB, IM, GG or JE ISIN, please email ISINrequests@lseg.com.
How do these updates affect me?
If you request ISIN codes for Open Offers or Optional Stock Dividends (Technical Rights) you will now be required to submit your ISIN request online via Pegasus, our online ISIN submission tool. You are no longer required to contact ISIN Services or Stock Situations for these lines going forward.
If confidentiality is required to be removed, new guidance should be followed, unless it is not connected to a corporate action and/or listing on a London Market, which will continue to follow current procedure.
If you have any queries or require guidance, please email the ISIN Services team at email@example.com.