UnaVista Swaps Portal welcomes its 72nd participant
The UnaVista Swaps Portal recently welcomed the 72nd participant on to the platform. Each one of the participants now uses UnaVista as a fully audited communication channel, connecting with all of their counterparties in a swaps transaction.
- Since last year over 72 different firms have joined the UnaVista swaps portal. These include:
- 37 brokers
- 23 buy-side firms
- 12 prime-brokers.
- There are over 200,000 transactions processed on the UnaVista Swaps Portal a month.
- Across all platforms, UnaVista now processes 2,000,000,000 records a month in multiple asset classes.
- 15 different currencies are traded monthly on the platform.
- Every one of the participants now benefits from other UnaVista services such as Transaction Reporting, Reconciliations and reference data.
Teresa Heitsenrether, European Prime Brokerage head at J.P. Morgan said:
“We are excited to be working with UnaVista and London Stock Exchange Group to provide scalable equity swap trade management solutions to our clients. We welcome the opportunity to work with our client and broker communities to bring efficiencies to this market, and significantly lower its inherent risks”
The service allows all parties in the transaction to reduce the risk involved in what is normally a manual and disconnected process. The firms communicate at all stages of the swaps trade lifecycle, including orders, allocations, cash trades and trade give-ups which are then normalised, validated and matched automatically, all in one place.
UnaVista also helps firms improve their swaps process over time by providing benchmarking and metric reporting on their counterparties whilst also allowing them to continue to work in the same way, no matter to whom they connect, as UnaVista can process an extensive range of formats, including email attachments.