Webinar: Tackling the issue of identifiers in managing MiFIR compliance data
Inside Reference Data webinar looking at the data challenges facing the market in the upcoming regulation MiFIR
As Europe’s Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation (MiFIR) proceeds toward its implementation at the start of 2018, the biggest apparent issue in managing MiFIR compliance data appears to be a familiar one – identifiers. Specifically, reconciling multiple forms of entity and securities identifiers, including the legal entity identifier (LEI), the Alternate Instrument Identifier (AII), Market Identifier Code (MIC), CFI (Classification of Financial Instruments) code and Financial Instrument Short Name (FISN). This webcast will sort through the purposes of all these identifiers, consider how they can be translated or made compatible and examine how complete their adoption is. Panelists will also cover the data quality and centralization issues that identifier challenges may raise, as well as overall readiness for MiFIR compliance.
- What are the overall challenges for MiFIR readiness as you see them?
- How should different identifiers be applied for MiFIR compliance?
- What are the compatibility or translation issues between different identifiers and how may these affect MiFIR reporting?
- How may data quality be affected by the need to reconcile differences between identifiers?
- What is the importance of data centralization for MiFIR compliance?
Moderator: Michael Shashoua Editor Inside Reference Data
Jacob Gertel, Senior Project Manager, Legal and Compliance, SIX Financial
David Nowell, Head of Regulatory Compliance and Industry Relations, UnaVista, LSEG
Chris Johnson, Head of Product Management, Market Data Services, HSBC Security Services