EMIR Reporting Foundation Course
London Stock Exchange
10 Paternoster Square, London
London Stock Exchange Group have developed a EMIR reporting foundation course to provide operations and compliance staff with a thorough...
London Stock Exchange Group have developed a EMIR reporting foundation course to provide operations and compliance staff with a thorough grounding in the EMIR reporting requirements. There are various course dates available over 2014. All courses run from 9.00am-12.30pm on the day specified. Please view the list below:
Course date: 17 November or 24 November 2014
Exam date: 8th December
All course dates will be accompanied by an exam to provide evidence that the candidates have reached an appropriate level of understanding. The exam runs from 9am-10am on the dates listed above.
NB: You will be scheduled to sit the exam for when you take the course. All attendees must ensure they are available for both the course and the relevant exam per the dates listed above. Any attendee not available for the exam must pay an additional £100 re-sit fee.
The foundation course provides training on the core elements in the EMIR reporting requirements including:
– Background to the transaction reporting requirements
• G20 Commitment
• Key documentation
– What entities need to report
• Definitions of a financial and non-financial counterparty
• Geographic considerations
• Buy-side considerations
– Definition of a derivative
• Particular focus on FX derivatives
– How and when reports need to be made
– Trading Scenarios
• Exchange trade derivatives – who reports against who
• ETD give-ups
• OTC cleared v OTC bi-lateral
• Terminations and partial terminations
– Position Reporting
– Collateral & Valuation Reporting
– Data standards – basics
• Generic descriptions all fields covered in the ESMA Reporting Technical Standards
• Legal Entity Identifiers
• Unique Trade Identifiers: format and generation
• Product Identifiers: ISIN, Aii and interim
• Data Validation (when blanks and ‘NA’ can be used)
• pre- reporting
• Inter-TR reconciliation
£400 plus VAT (UnaVista client rate)
£600 plus VAT (non-UnaVista client rate)
NB: UnaVista clients will be invoiced the fee. Non-UnaVista clients can pay by credit card.
If you completed the EMIR Introduction Course then you will have received a discount code, please enter this into the ticket area above. For clients the discount will be reflected in the invoice.