100 IPOs in 10 Facts
We’re celebrating a stunning year for IPOs in London. In 2017, for the first time since 2014, we’ve hit the 100 IPOs mark.
Here we share 100 IPOs on London Stock Exchange in 2017, in 10 facts:
- We saw over 100 IPOs on London Stock Exchange in 2017, an increase of 54% by number of IPOs compared to 2016, and more than anywhere else in Europe.
- More than £14.8bn was raised through IPOs, nearly 4 times higher than the next European competitor.
- London’s IPOs became even more international in 2017, with 9/10 of the top IPOs by size coming from outside of the UK, including EN+ Group (Russia) and J2 Acquisition Ltd (USA).
- And Europe’s largest IPO of the year chose to dual list in London, Allied Irish Bank listed raising £3bn.
- 20 North American companies chose London for their listing in 2017, highlighting London Stock Exchange as the leading venue of choice for North American issuers outside of North America.
- In 2017, 44 companies floated on AIM, the world’s leading international growth market, raising nearly £2bn.
- And over £5bn has been raised on AIM in follow-on fundraising from existing issuers in 2017, +27% compared to 2016.
- In 2017, the 2nd UK company from our ELITE programme for high growth companies, made it to IPO in London – Beeks Financial Cloud. We also saw the first ever ELITE company launch a retail bond – LendInvest.
- London had a stellar year for Funds and REITs IPOs in 2017– with more listing here than anywhere else in the world, and 3 times as much money raised as in 2016.
- More than £40.4bn was raised in London through IPOS and follow on capital combined this year, 34% higher than in 2016.
If you’d like to speak to us about an IPO in London you can find our contact details here.