2019 - a year of innovation
A year on London Stock Exchange. Watch some of our highlights from 2019.
2019 saw the launch of a number of new initiatives at London Stock Exchange
- We were proud to launch Shanghai London Stock Connect, bringing together one the world’s largest domestic capital markets with one of the world’s leading international markets. https://bit.ly/34y28Ev
- We strengthened London’s standing as a global hub for sustainable finance and launched our Sustainable Bond Market. Having been the first exchange to introduce a dedicated green bond segment, we have now extended our offering and added sustainability and social bonds. London also became the first exchange to introduce a Green Economy Mark for issuers who derive more than 50% of their revenues from green economy activities. https://www2.lseg.com/sustainablefinance
- We announced collaborations with the fintech businesses Nivaura and PrimaryBid. We are working with PrimaryBid to enable retail investors to participate in primary issuances in real time, and with Nivaura to make the debt issuance process more efficient.
London was the #1 Stock Exchange in Europe
- London continued to be the leading venue for equity issuance and activity in Europe
- We supported UK businesses and welcomed companies from across the globe. 6 of the top 10 IPOs in 2019 were international and around 35% of London issuers are now international.
- Around 2/3rds of European growth capital was raised on AIM, which is looking forward to its 25th anniversary in 2020.
- Funds saw strong growth in alternatives – including green and IP. In 2019, green funds accounted for 50% of IPO proceeds raised by funds in London.
- Fixed income had a strong year, during which we welcomed bonds listings from around the world, with key transactions from Latin America, MENA and Asia Pacific. Our international securities market marked its 100th bond listing.
- We continued to build our community for London issuers adding new members to our Issuer Services Marketplace and hosting Masterclasses in Emerging Tech and Communications for our issuers.
As we look ahead, we look forward to another exciting year in 2020.
If you would like to contact us or subscribe for future updates on raising finance, please click here.