Exchange Traded Funds
Since the first Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) listing in 2000, London Stock Exchange has become home to nearly 1,300 ETFs and other Exchange Traded Products (ETPs) from 24 issuers, the largest and most diverse product range in Europe.
- London Stock Exchange ETF trading is the largest in Europe with around 45% of market share in trading turnover.
- There are 21 registered market makers and over 150 other member firms actively trading ETFs and other ETPs, providing liquidity throughout the trading day.
- Currency lines available for trading are GBP, EUR, USD, CNY, HKD and CHF.
There are currently three green ETFs from three issuers trading on London Stock Exchange. These ETFs largely track the performance of the clean energy sector with a focus on renewable energy, technologies facilitating cleaner energy and reducing carbon emission through various indices.
- iShares Global Clean Energy UCITS ETF – The fund aims to track the S&P Global Clean Energy Index, which reflects the performance of approximately 30 of the largest publicly traded companies within the global clean energy business from both developed and emerging markets.
- Powershares Global Clean Energy UCITS ETF - The PowerShares Global Clean Energy UCITS ETF is based on the WilderHill New Energy Global Innovation Index, which is composed of companies that focus on greener and generally renewable sources of energy and technologies facilitating cleaner energy.
- Amundi MSCI World Low Carbon UCITS ETF – Reflects the performance of the MSCI World Low Carbon Leaders strategy index – which is based on the MSCI World index but excludes companies with high carbon emissions intensity and the largest owners of carbon reserves per dollar of market capitalisation.