Understanding corporate statements
London Stock Exchange, 10 Paternoster Square, London.
Analysing corporate performance
This course will provide a practical guide for all non specialists who need a general understanding of company annual accounts. It will provide a useful, up to date view of the key issues professionals need to know regarding the language, terms and practical aspects of financial issues discussed by analysts, financial directors and the media. This one day module covers financial statements and ratios used in analysing corporate business performance. It is an interactive course and assumes no previous financial knowledge.
By using a real life example case study, the course will enable you to discuss financial issues with confidence and develop your knowledge of the following key areas:
- The important features of the profit performance of a business (Income statement)
- The various items and terms used in conjunction with the balance sheet (now the Statement of Financial Position)
- The importance of a business generating consistent cash flows
- The most commonly used financial ratios.
Who should attend
This one day module has been designed to appeal to the following professionals:
- Investor relations officers
- Media professionals and financial journalists
- Public relations personnel
- Professionals supporting finance teams
Registration fee: £695 + VAT
09:00 Welcome and introduction
- Course objectives
Understanding the key financial statements
- The drivers of financial reporting. Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements.
- Presentation of accounts.
- Accounting principles.
- The value of the auditors’ report.
- Recent updates in accounting practice.
The key issues for the Financial Director
Reviewing the footnotes in conjunction with the income statement.
- Segment reporting.
- Analysing the statement of financial position and income statement.
- Operating leases,
- Off balance sheet items, pension issues.
- Peer analysis and benchmarking.
- The 10 key analytical questions.
12:30 – 1:30 Lunch
Presenting cash flow issues.
- The structure and content of the cash flow statement
- How to use the cash flow statement.
- Analysing the cash flow statement.
- The cash flow.
- Cash flows and benchmarking and peer analysis.
Ratios used in operating performance
- Ratios used in capital structure.
- Interpretation and understanding of ratios.
- Key ratios used by the Rating Agencies and Stock analysts.
Delegate fee: £695 + VAT
Customer Service and training enquiries:
Telephone number: +44 (0) 207 7971821
Email address: email@example.com
Our programme specialists and customer service team are available Monday to Friday 9 am to 5.30 pm to help you with any queries related to our programmes or to the registration process.