UK Listing Rules, Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules
days to go
London Stock Exchange, London.
A focus on the latest regulatory changes, developments and best practice
Companies with a premium listing are required to comply with the UK Listing Rules, Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules. These rules and guidance establish minimum requirements in respect of:
- Proper communication to the market, including the disclosure of price-sensitive information
- Shareholder interaction and disclosure considerations where significant transactions are concerned
- Current trends and best practices for financial reporting
The emphasis of this seminar will be on the practical implications of the UK Listing Rules and Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules, demonstrating how companies are expected to comply. Senior representatives from top advisory firms will provide their perspective and guidance via a series of presentations and practical worked examples. The seminar will explore the latest developments relating to Governance and Reporting including a focus on life as a listed company with the inherent obligations to support a fair and transparent market whilst being mindful of the roles of shareholders and wider stakeholders.
Who should attend?
This seminar course is targeted for those who are seeking to be updated with the latest developments, information and perspectives including:
- Executive functions
- Company secretaries
- Financial Directors
- Legal counsel
- Corporate communications officers
- Investor relations officers
CPD points: This course attracts 3 CPD points.
8.55 - 9:00 - Chair’s welcome - Overview and objectives of the seminar
Chair: Claire Fargeot
9:00 - 09:45 - The fundamentals Life as a listed company: key developments
- Update on the regulatory framework for all listed companies
- Governance: hot topics
- Changes to the listing rules
- Perspective and practical steps
09:50 - 10:50 The transparent market:
- Contributing to an open and fair market
- Managing inside information
- Company announcements: case studies and practical lessons
- Share dealing by senior management
Speakers: Charles Mayo and Chris Horton, Simmons & Simmons
10:50 – 11:20 Coffee and networking
11:20 - 11:55 Shareholder considerations:
- The role of the Sponsor
- Significant transactions – class tests and notifications
- Transactions with related parties etc.
- A shareholder’s right of pre-emption
Speaker: Daniel Adams, Investec
11:55 - 12:50 Reporting to the market:
- Overview of the financial and narrative reporting regime
- Corporate reporting update
- Accounting rules update
- Best practices
Speaker: Mary Holden, Grant Thornton
12:50 - 13:00 – Final questions and close
"It provided me with very relevant/current updates on key areas particularly where the FCA is focusing its attention. Seeing what is coming over the hill is always useful."
"Knowledgeable presenters and good audience participation"
"Practical with a good all round update."
"It delivered a great overview and highlighted any recent updates to note."
"The examples of past issues is very helpful in bringing issues/responsibilities to life."
Customer Service and training enquiries:
Telephone number: +44 (0) 207 7971821 Email address: email@example.com
Our programme specialists and customer service team are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm to help you with any queries related to our programmes or to the registration process.