UK Listing, Disclosure and Transparency Rules Course Agenda
8.55 9:00 - Chair’s welcome - Overview and objectives of the seminar.
9:00-10:45 - The fundamentals
Life as a listed company: key developments.
- Update on the regulatory framework for all listed companies:
- Governance: hot topics
- Changes to the listing rules
- Perspective and practical steps
The transparent market:
- Contributing to an open and fair market
- Managing inside information
- Company announcements: case studies and practical lessons
- Share dealing by senior management
10:45 – 11:15 Coffee and networking
11.15 – 13:00 Shareholder considerations and reporting to the market
- The role of the Sponsor, Nomad etc.
- Significant transactions – class tests and notifications
- Transactions with related parties etc.
- A shareholder’s right of pre-emption
Reporting to the market:
- Overview of the financial and narrative reporting regime
- Corporate reporting update
- Accounting rules update
- Best practices
13:00 – 14:00 Networking lunch
13:15 - 14:15 Session two (optional): The workshop - life as a listed company
A practical workshop with the objective of preparing attendees for the practicalities of life in a listed company’s secretariat. Just how do you start and how do you juggle between the predictable workload and the unpredictable? The important role of detailed board and company secretarial timetables will be looked at, as will tips for achieving effectiveness in and out of the boardroom.
The workshop will also look at some of the practical issues that trying to comply with the market and governance rules you’ll have learned about in the morning can throw up. This workshop is designed for those whose companies are considering a listing on the London Stock Exchange, those who have recently listed or those simply looking for a refresher about the practicalities of listed life.
14.15 - Close