Raising Finance on the Bond Market
London Stock Exchange, 10 Paternoster Square, London.
A debt primary markets workshop.
The objective of this training course is to introduce those considering raising finance in the bond markets to the key features of the market and to investigate what is required by a company to plan and execute a successful bond issue.
As the availability of bank lending has been shrinking, mostly due to the enduring impact of the financial crisis and new regulatory requirements, corporations are increasingly turning to debt capital markets. Many European companies turn to the bonds market by taking advantage of cheaper borrowing costs to diversify their funding and high investor demand.
Why attend the training course?
Using case studies and worked examples, delegates will gain a thorough understanding of the processes involved in structuring a bond issue including:
- Types of bond
- Borrowers and the credit ratings process
- Using swaps
- Investors & investor protection
- US selling restrictions
- Legal aspects
- Bond pricing & launch process
- Distribution and the closing procedure
- Liability management
Who should attend?
This is an ideal course for professionals from listed or AIM quoted companies.
- Finance department including Finance Directors & Finance Officers
- Treasury department
- Corporate legal departments
- Capital markets lawyers
Registration fee: £1,330 + VAT
Training will take place over two days at London Stock Exchange and will cover the modules listed below. The time allocated to, and level of detail covered in each module will be adjusted to meet the requirements of attendees. Training will begin at 9am and close at 5pm each day. All refreshments will be provided.
Sources of finance
- Debt, Equity & Retained Earnings
- Cost of equity and debt
- Weighted Average Cost Of Capital (WACC)
- Financial leverage
- Purpose of funding
- Market conditions
- Methods of raising finance
- Loans vs. Bonds
- Issuance life cycle
- International bond market
- Key attributes
- The corporate bond market in Europe
- Bond types - Public or private, MTNs, Fixed or floating?
- Suitability for issuance
- Determinants of a successful issue
- Credit Ratings
- Credit rating process
- Interest rate swaps
- Rationale for Liability Swaps
- Comparative advantage
- Swaps and bonds
Investors & Investor Protection
- Institutional investors
- Alternative (hedge funds) investors
- Retail investors
- Events of default
- Debt ranking
- Hybrid capital
- Selecting a lead manager
- Why syndicate?
- Syndicate roles
- The ‘Pot’ System
Pricing & Launch
- Awarding the mandate
- The Roadshow
- Launch - Stabilisation, Expenses
Academy Customer Service and training enquires:
Telephone number: +44 (0) 207 7971821
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our programme specialists and customer service team are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm to help you with any queries related to our programmes or to the registration process.