A Presentation Masterclass Course Agenda
09:00 – 09:15 - Introduction and overview
Step One: The Art of Presenting The Underlying Principles – ‘How to Say It’
- How often have we seen highly knowledgeable and well-prepared presenters lose their audience and fail to get their intended message across?
- How, on the other hand, do some speakers appear so confident in front of any audience and seemingly get their points across with such ease?
- This module explains how it’s done. Participants will be shown their own most confident style of presenting. For some this may be reconfirmation; for others it will be a revelation.
Step Two: Choosing & Using the Right Tools When & How to Use Notes
- Most speakers want to appear as natural as possible but still like to have some notes to keep them on track, especially when the topic is complex.
- Others feel that good speakers shouldn’t be seen to have notes, and they try to memorize their material or simply “wing it”.
- This module shows how it’s possible to appear natural and confident in any situation. Participants will be shown how to use a set of notes discreetly so they need never worry about ‘losing their place’.
12:30 - 13:30 – Lunch
Step Three: Structuring the Presentation ‘What to Say & When’
- Some presenters agonize over the best way to structure a message – what to say first, how long to speak for, how to finish. Others ramble on for what seems like ages, frustrating their listeners who have better ways of spending their time.
- This module introduces a template that can be used on all occasions, from internal meetings with colleagues, to new business pitches, to briefings and presentations to government bodies and institutions. It is also applicable to video-conferences, voice mail and e-mail messages.