UK Listing Rules, Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules
London Stock Exchange, London.
A focus on the latest regulatory changes, developments and best practice
Companies with a premium listing are required to comply with the UK Listing Rules, Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules. These rules and guidance establish minimum requirements in respect of:
- Proper communication to the market, including the disclosure of price-sensitive information
- Shareholder interaction and disclosure considerations where significant transactions are concerned
- Current trends and best practices for financial reporting
The emphasis of this seminar will be on the practical implications of the UK Listing Rules and Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules, demonstrating how companies are expected to comply. Senior representatives from top advisory firms will provide their perspective and guidance via a series of presentations and practical worked examples. The seminar will explore the latest developments relating to Governance and Reporting including a focus on life as a listed company with the inherent obligations to support a fair and transparent market whilst being mindful of the roles of shareholders and wider stakeholders.
Who should attend?
This seminar course is targeted for those who are seeking to be updated with the latest developments, information and perspectives including:
- Executive functions
- Company secretaries
- Financial Directors
- Legal counsel
- Corporate communications officers
- Investor relations officers
CPD points: This course attracts 3 CPD points.
9:00 - 9:05 Chair’s welcome - Overview and objectives of the seminar
Chair: Claire Fargeot
9:05 – 9:50 Introduction from the Regulator
9:50 – 10:50 Life as a listed company
- Update on the regulatory framework for all listed companies including MAR, MiFID II and other changes to the listing rules
- Contributing to an open and fair market via managing inside information and share dealing by senior management
- Company announcements: case studies and practical lessons
10:50 – 11:20 Coffee
11:20 – 12:10 Sponsors, Transactions and Shareholder considerations
- How to get the best value from your Sponsor
- Transactions – class tests, notifications and related parties
- A shareholder’s right of pre-emption
12:10 - 12:55 Reporting to the market
- Governance: 2018 hot topics
- Corporate reporting update
- Best practice case studies and practical lessons
12:55 - 13:00 – Final questions and close
"It provided me with very relevant/current updates on key areas particularly where the FCA is focusing its attention. Seeing what is coming over the hill is always useful."
"Knowledgeable presenters and good audience participation"
"Practical with a good all round update."
"It delivered a great overview and highlighted any recent updates to note."
"The examples of past issues is very helpful in bringing issues/responsibilities to life."
Customer Service and training enquiries:
Telephone number: +44 (0) 207 7971821 Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our programme specialists and customer service team are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm to help you with any queries related to our programmes or to the registration process.