Sustainability financial business models and impact on financial statements
days to go
This two-day course will link understanding sustainability and financial statements
Sustainable finance is any form of offering a financial service, or developing a financial instrument or product which links environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria into business or investment decisions and business models. These three key factors measure the impact of an investment in a company or business on achieving sustainability targets. In order to evaluate and analyse the impact of sustainable financial decisions on companies’ performance, it is important to understand the impact on financial statements.
Understanding Financial statements will help making financial management decisions, which is an important process that influences the survival and growth of companies of all kinds. The process includes different elements pertaining to management and cost accounting, cash flow control, credit and debt management, working capital and the overall financing policy of the firm.
This course will link understanding sustainability and financial statements and will cover the following areas:
- Introduction to Business Models and Financial Statements
- Introduction to Sustainability and Circular Economy
- Fundamentals of Business Models and Sustainable Finance
- Impact on Financial Statements
The main objective of this course is to introduce participants to the impact on financial statements when implementing sustainable financial business models. .
The key objectives are to:
- To understand and interpret the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement in a sustainable business model context
- Develop the necessary skills to analyse the financial statements using ratio analysis
- Understand the impact on financial statements due to sustainable financial decisions.
- Overview of sustainability issues, targets, and economic growth
- Enablers to achieve sustainability objectives – the case for A Circular Economy Model
- Business Models – types, structure, process
- Business Models and Financial Statement Analysis
- Sustainability Finance – internal and external models
- Impact of implementing sustainability models
- Sustainability models and impact on financial statement
- Managerial strategy and operational implications