SDG Compliance and Competitiveness
days to go
Learn how to use smart documentation techniques to stay compliant while utilizing the collected information for internal knowledge management.
Sustainable investing is a hotter than ever topic and it’s clear that finance professionals can no longer allow themselves to ignore environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues in their investment analysis and decisions. Treating your compliance with SDGs as a fig-leaf topic for marketing reasons is no longer possible.
Regulators are clear. In the years ahead, SDG compliance will not be another checklist exercise for boards, investment committees or portfolio managers. Professional investors cannot delegate their responsibility for understanding which impact they generate to rating agencies, ESG databases or external consultants. Simply put, being SDG-compliant offers an opportunity for investment decision makers to strengthen their comparative advantage through innovative specialization.
Narrative reporting not only enables investors to comply with regulation, but also to utilize the regulatory press ure for producing better investment decisions. Narrative reporting strengthens the comparative advantage of an investor through first principle thinking, investment narrative assessment and a causal understanding of capital markets. In this online course you will explore and test how to combine both, your SDG compliance,while increasing your competitiveness through narrative reporting.
To learn how to use smart documentation techniques and stay compliant while utilizing the collected information for internal knowledge management.
Who should attend?
This two-day virtual course has been designed to appeal to the following:
- Family Offices / Multi-Family Offices
- Wealth Managers
- Private Banks
- Regional Banks
- Finance Director
- Financial Analyst
- Corporate Treasurer
- Management Consultant
- Performance Manager
15 September 2020 09:00- 12:00
INTRODUCTION TO SDG COMPLIANCE & ASSET ALLOCATION
Introduction to a culture of compliance
- Adaptive Markets & Innovative Specialization
- Integrating Ethics, Compliance and Innovative Specialization
- Evolution of SDG Compliance
- Introduction to 3rd generation asset allocation
- Impact investing and causality analysis
- Rulebook versus Playbook
BEHAVIORAL CONSIDERATIONS & NARRATIVE REPORTING
- Individual empowerment
- Team configuration
- Choice architecture configuration
INTRODUCTION TO NARRATIVE REPORTING
Instruments to strengthen a culture of compliance are introduced via practical examples.
16 September 2020 09:00-12:00
BEST PRACTICES IN NARRATIVE REPORTING
Decision support systems & narrative reporting
- Methods to strengthen the self-organization of investment teams that lead to a competitive edge.
- Case study: Participants will study their own investment process and explore how to optimize it by applying previously introduced narrative reporting techniques.
PRESENTATION AND REFLECTION
Review your findings
- Moderated by the lecturer, participant share their findings and reflect together on eventual further improvements of their own or other findings.
- Case study: SDG-focused narrative reporting for your own case