Pension Funds, the De-risking Journey
days to go
A digital classroom course on how to De-Risk the effects of Bond Yields, Demographics and Longevity Risk.
While maintaining a traditionally low profile, in aggregate Pension Funds dominate the Fund Management industry in terms of overall Assets under Management. The way these monies are being managed is changing due to a lethal cocktail of seemingly unrelated events – Demographics, Bond Yields, Interest Rates, Government Debt & a shift towards individuals having to take greater personal responsibility for financing their retirement.
At the same time Fund sponsors are busy trying to offload the risk of having their Pension Funds distorting their Financial accounts. This course will explain the difficult market scenario & look at some of the potential remedies.
Who is this digital course intended for?
- Graduates aiming for a career in the Pension Fund industry
- New joiners in the Financial Markets studying for a professional qualification (CISI, IMC)
- Pension Advisers
- Financial Journalists
- Pension Fund Administrators
- Regulators with responsibility for Pension Funds
- Pension Fund Trustees
Session 1 09:30- 10:20
- The (long running) hidden Time Bomb & the more recent impact of Covid 19
- Sovereign Bond Yields & Interest Rate Risk
- Finding the Present Value of long dated Liabilities
- Covenant Risk
- Inflation Risk
- Demographics & why it matters. Longevity Risk
- Historic vs current Asset Allocation patterns – a hint at De-Risking
- The search for Yield in a low interest rate world
- Alternative Investments – comprising what exactly?
Session 2 10:40- 11:40
- Liability Driven investing
- Inflation Derivatives
- The De-Risking Journey
- Enhanced Transfer Values
- Longevity Swaps – Named Lives vs Population Index
- Buy-Ins vs Buy Outs – what is the difference?
- Wrap-Up Quiz