Pension Fund Risk - A Sponsor's Perspective
days to go
London Stock Exchange
How to De-Risk the effects of Bond Yields, Demographics and Longevity Risk
This course will provide an overview of the most common pension schemes and of the market dynamics influencing the pension fund industry.
While maintaining a traditionally low profile, in aggregate pension funds dominate the fund management industry in terms of overall assets under management.
The way these monies are being managed is changing due to seemingly unrelated events – demographics, bond yields, government debt and a shift towards individuals having to take greater personal responsibility for financing their retirement. This course will explain the difficult market scenario and look at some of the potential remedies.
Who is the course intended for?
- Graduates aiming for a career in the pension fund industry
- New joiners in the financial markets studying for a professional qualification
- Pension advisers
- Financial journalists
- Pension fund administrators
- Regulators with responsibility for pension funds
- Pension fund trustees
The course will run from 9.00 to 13.00.
- Defined Benefit vs Defined Contribution Pensions – a shifting mix
- The hidden Time Bomb
- Sovereign Bond Yields
- Finding the Present Value of long dated Liabilities
- Covenant Risk
- Demographics & why it matters. Longevity Risk
- Pension Fund Trustees need advice. From who exactly?
- Historic vs current Asset Allocation patterns – a hint at De-Risking
- Why the historic love affair with Equities?
- The search for Yield in a low interest rate world
- Alternative Investments – comprising what exactly?
- Liability Driven investing
- Inflation Derivatives
- How are Fund sponsors dealing with the fallout?
- De-Risking Pension Funds
- Enhanced Transfer Values
- Longevity Swaps – Named Lives vs Population Index
- Buy-Ins vs Buy Outs – what is the difference?