An introduction to pension funds in the current market scenario
days to go
London Stock Exchange
A half day course dedicated to new joiners in the pension funds industry
While maintaining a traditionally low profile, in aggregate pension funds dominate the fund management industry in terms of overall assets under management.
The way these monies are being managed is changing due to seemingly unrelated events – demographics, bond yields, government debt and a shift towards individuals having to take greater personal responsibility for financing their retirement.
This course will provide an overview of the most common pension schemes and of the market dynamics influencing the pension fund industry.
Who is the course intended for?
- Graduates aiming for a career in the pension fund industry
- New joiners in the financial markets studying for a professional qualification
- Pension advisers
- Financial journalists
- Pension fund administrators
- Regulators with responsibility for pension funds
- Pension fund trustees
The course will run from 9.00 to 13.00
- Defined Benefit vs Defined Contribution Pensions – a shifting mix
- Events influencing the Pension Fund industry
- Sovereign Bond Yields
- Finding the Present Value of long dated Liabilities
- Demographics & why it matters. Longevity Risk
- Historic vs current Asset Allocation patterns
- Historic investment in Equities
- The search for Yield in a low interest rate world
- Alternative Investments
- Liability Driven investing
- Inflation Derivatives
- The role of Fund sponsors
- Derisking Pension Funds
- Longevity Swaps
- Buy-Ins vs Buy Outs – what is the difference?