days to go
This three-day digital course will address the principles of impact investment through criteria selection, investment process, key market players, risk and returns characteristics.
Investment decisions relate to deploying funds to value creating projects and financial instruments that would generate cashflow, income and wealth. An important category of investment that has been gaining much attention on all levels recently is impact investment.
Impact investing is a form of a social innovation investment that is dedicated to achieving positive social and environmental impact, which is measurable and create financial returns and value. Impact investment seeks to identify projects, companies, and funds that aim to adhere to ESG principles and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Impact investment can be considered as one enabler to achieving overall sustainability in our economies, and is an emerging asset class for financial institutions, funds, and private and public sector organisations. Investors still have to take into consideration the risk and return characteristics, cost management and control, and value creation objectives.
This course is designed to introduce participant to the basic principles of impact investment through criteria selection, investment process, key market players and instruments, risk and returns characteristics
07.10.2020 – 3 hour session
- Review of investment decision process. Risk and Returns
- ESG Factors and Sustainability Development Goals (SDG)
- Financial Analysis and Impact Investment Decisions.
08.10.2020 – 3 hour session
- Sustainability Business Models, (e.g. Circular Economy projects)
- Impact investing models, measurements, and framework.
- Impact investment players and Instruments (e.g. Green Bonds)
09.10.2020 – 3 hour session
- Market Trends
- A SWOT Analysis of Impact Investing
- Impact on Society and the Environment