Finance for Non-finance Directors
days to go
This one-day training programme will equip non-finance directors with the skills to interpret and challenge, financial information and to fully understand their responsibilities
All directors and board members, both executive and non-executive, need a robust understanding of financial concepts in order to discharge their fiduciary duties as directors.
Offered in association with Non-Executive Directors' Association (NEDA), this course will equip directos (in particular those who are not qualified accountants) with the financial skills to interpret, and challenge, board-relevant financial information.
The sessions will be very interactive and draw upon the experiences of all attendees. Case studies will also be used.
Participants should expect to find this a challenging, and highly rewarding programme.
Content of the course
Governance and finance
- The Board’s financial responsibilities
- The Audit Committee - roles and responsibilities
- Internal financial controls
External financial reporting
- The Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
- The Strategic Report and Directors’ Report
- Key accounting policies and standards
- Non-financial information (NFI) reporting
Internal financial management
- Management accounting
- Budgets, forecasts and variance analysis
- Foreign exchange, interest rates and hedging
Sources of finance
- Debt, equity and hybrid
- Angels, VC, PE, Capital markets
- Cost of Capital
- Key stakeholders
- Shareholder value and how companies are valued
- The External Audit – roles and responsibilities