Blockchain Technologies - the Fundamentals
days to go
A practical course on Blockchain
In this seminar, learn the importance of Blockchain technology in business and financial circles and how it continues to make headlines with the promise of transforming capital raising, investing and trading in today’s financial markets. Beyond the hype, Blockchain technology is increasingly used by established and upcoming exchanges as the platform for digitising and trading both traditional and new asset classes based on the promise of efficiency, transparency and reduced costs. The adoption pace of Blockchain technology continues to accelerate, with Gartner estimating $3.1 Trillion in business value to be created by 2030.
But what is the Blockchain? Often associated with crypto-currencies, Blockchain technology is the underlying infrastructure that powers the creation, distribution and validation of digital tokens, of which crypto-currencies like Bitcoin represents the original asset class. We now see blockchain technology used to create new digital assets including security tokens and other virtual assets, creating significant new capital markets.
This one-day seminar will separate the hype from the reality of what Blockchain technology is and how it is being used today and in the future. The fundamentals of blockchain technology will be covered with the emphasis on financial services and capital market related use cases. Participants will learn how these new asset classes are being traded in centralised and decentralised markets and the practical, business related opportunities inherent in adopting and building new financial services models from this technology.
Who should attend?
This seminar course is targeted to business professionals looking to better understand the impact of Blockchain technology on their firm’s operations and where this technology can benefit. This is a non-technical course focused on the business impact of blockchain technology with technical concepts only introduced to reinforce business issues. Participants will include:
- Executive functions
- Middle management
- Service professionals looking to develop new business portfolios
- Identify the current trends, opportunities and challenges related to digital assets and Blockchain technology in capital markets
- Explore the fundamental concepts that make the Blockchain a revolutionary technology disrupting traditional business models
Impact on Financial markets
- Understand how crypto-currencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum and others are created and traded on exchanges and secondary financial markets
- Learn how security tokens and decentralized digital assets can be used to build new financial models and markets.
- Explore the role of ICOs and smart contracts: how they are deployed, the legal enforcement and Anti-Money Laundering/Know Your Customer implications.
- Review regulatory trends related to the oversight of digital assets and the Blockchain globally