Market Abuse Regulation (MAR)
London Stock Exchange, London.
This event has now sold out. We have published a further date for this event (6 June 2016).
From 3 July 2016 listed companies will be subject to new rules on the public disclosure of inside information as a result of the Market Abuse Regulation coming into force. This Regulation will apply directly in the United Kingdom. As a result, the Financial Conduct Authority is changing its Listing Rules, Disclosure Rules and Transparency Rules and the Code of Market Conduct and the government is changing the law where it conflicts with the Regulation.
The seminar will explore:
- The disclosure of inside information and when an issuer can delay disclosure
- The new requirements for insider lists
- The new requirements for persons discharging managerial responsibilities and persons closely associated with them to notify transactions
- The FCA’s approach to replacing the Model Code and related systems and controls
- The new regime for making and receiving market soundings.
The emphasis will be on the practical implications of the changes and the policies and procedures companies will need to put in place.
Who should attend
The seminar is targeted at those with an intermediate or senior level of knowledge who want to know about the changes including
- Company secretaries
- Legal counsel
- Investor relations officers
- Corporate communication officers
CPD points: This programme attracts 4 CPD points.
Registration fee: £495 + VAT
New date available: 6 June 2016