Life as a public company masterclass
days to go
An interactive online series of workshops to facilitate and educate listed company representatives on their public market obligations and responsibilities.
This series of workshops on the Rules and Regulations of public life has been devised to provide listed company representatives with the latest knowledge and understanding of their responsibilities and obligations under the current UK (and EU) regime. The course objectives include:
- Preparing company representatives with an understanding of life as a public company for them to assume the right approach to stakeholder engagement.
- Developing a deep understanding of listed company requirements under
- Listing Authority Rules as well as Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules (UKLA DTR)
- Market Abuse Regulation (MAR)
- Refreshing current obligations under the UK Corporate Governance Code and maintaining corporate governance frameworks in line with current best practice standards.
- Developing best practices in financial disclosures and non-financial disclosures, e.g. Culture and Sustainability (ESG) reporting to maintain a leading position in the market.
The programme has been designed to appeal to the following professionals:
- Aspiring and current Board directors
- C-suite Executive teams and Senior Finance Managers,
- Aspiring and new NEDs
- Company Secretaries and Professional Business Administrators.
These training sessions are targeted at business directors, senior finance managers and company secretaries who are looking for an in-depth refresh of their understanding of listed company obligations.
The training will be delivered as a series of tailored workshop sessions over a four-week period. Tasks will be set throughout the training in order that delegates can track their progress and be awarded our accreditation for completing the programme. Our goal for this programme is to create the most positive environment for a successful experience from life in the public markets.
Key take-aways and outcomes
This four week series of half-day digital workshops, organised by LSEG Academy and in collaboration with leading City experts, will provide delegates with a clear understanding of the current rules and regulations in place currently for listed companies on the UK equity markets. The course will actively engage participants and help position their company as a leader in its respective industry. The programme offers in depth and bespoke reviews of current obligations and responsibilities placed on listed company representatives. Guidance will also be provided on how best to communicate the company’s long-term competitive advantage to public markets.
The contents of this training will also be useful for delegates that have completed the IPO Masterclass series and are actively seeking to understand obligations of the after-market.
Day 1: 5 March 2021
Introduction to the UK Regulatory Framework:
9.15 Registration and introduction to the workshops
9.30 Update from the Regulator
- The changing landscape and the growing role of ARGA
- Understanding the latest governance and reporting developments
- Accounting and auditing
Discussion: Which latest developments provide the greatest challenge to your industry / company?
10.45 The Governance agenda and what it means for companies – discussion with guest speakers:
David Styles – Why the stewardship code is important for companies as well as investors.
Richard Whitaker - Latest global investing trends and developments, and how boards are responding to increasing stakeholder expectations.
12.00 Investor expectations on company behaviours and reporting – Richard Whitaker, Vice President, Blackrock Investment Stewardship presentation
- The corporate risk profile and assessing the bigger investment picture
- How to get the best results from investor engagement
13.00 Workshop close
Day 2: 12 March 2021
Principles and Practicalities of Continuing Obligations
9.15 Introduction to the day and review of previous workshop
9.30 Key Disclosure Requirements under the Market Abuse Regulation and Associated Practical Considerations
- Disclosure and control of inside information
- PDMR/PCA dealings
- Insider lists
Discussion and case studies
10.45 Refresher of Other Key Disclosure Obligations under the LR and DTR and FCA Enforcement and Investigations – Practical Considerations
- Specific disclosure obligations
- Enforcement trends/lessons learned
- Responding to enquiries from the Financial Conduct Authority
12.00 Best Practice Company announcements
- Practical workshop examining the day to day implications of handling company announcements
13.00 Workshop close
Day 3: 19 March 2021
Transactions and Capital Market Developments
14.00 Introduction to the session and review of previous workshops
14.15 Update on equity issuances
- Different structures available (i.e. placing, rights issues, cash boxes)
- Pros and Cons
15.30 Update on how companies have responded to Covid-19
- Equity fundraisings
- Dividend Policies
16.45 Summary and Q & A
17.00 Workshop close
Day 4: 26 March 2021
Industry-led best practices in Reporting and Engaging with Public Markets
9.15 Introduction to the final day and review previous workshops
9.30 What company representatives need to consider when engaging with public markets: Patrick Voss, Managing Partner, Jeito Consulting
- Telling your internal story on Culture
- People, strategy and the workforce of tomorrow
- Diversity, Inclusion & Equality
10.45 The Non-Financial Reporting agenda and what it means for companies – discussion with guest speakers
12.00 ESG - understanding the extra-financial health of a company
- ESG: Risk management and impact approaches – defensive, selective or holistic?
- Setting the right goals and targets
- The effective use of monitoring, assurance and reporting – moving from messaging to living your values
13.00 Workshop close