An Evening Masterclass in Financial Markets
London Stock Exchange, London.
An invaluable introduction to the mechanics of today's global financial market place and is designed to explain the principal markets and the products traded.
An Evening Masterclass in Financial Markets, taking place over 9 weeks (Tuesday evenings - 18:00 - 21:00), offers an invaluable and straightforward introduction to the mechanics of today's global financial market place. Designed to explain the principal markets and the products traded, this course is deliberately participative and interactive in nature and, whatever your learning objectives, is designed to ensure your questions are answered.
It describes the financial world in clear, easy to understand terms and provides a comprehensive overview of commercial and investment banking, foreign exchange, money and bond markets, stock markets and derivatives and an up to date analysis of the global financial crisis and its ongoing impact.
Discussions about the present and anticipated regulatory environment, and the opportunities offered both by the insurance market and by risk management disciplines should help participants in their handling of day-to-day business situations.
Why attend the training programme?
Attend and you will gain full insight into the origins of the financial markets, the key players and the role of the regulatory institutions. Acquire a thorough grounding in the main financial products and how they are used, including: bonds, equities, futures and forwards, swaps and options. It will emphasise the practical rather than theoretical and will unravel some of the mystique and jargon surrounding today’s financial markets. In addition to addressing the traditional asset classes, the course will look at alternative investments and those associated with them.
Who should attend?
- Recent graduates who have joined City institutions
- Lawyers, accountants, consultants, compliance, internal audit, HR, IT and Public Relations professionals who seek to broaden their knowledge
- Anybody new to the City needing to gain a broad understanding of today’s financial markets
- Non-executive directors and trustees of pension funds who wish to familiarise themselves with financial market activities
The course fee includes:
- Attendance at all 9 weekly seminars and a certificate of attendance
- An optional half day walking tour of the City of London incorporating visits to the City of London’s most prestigious and renowned landmarks
- Printed copies of all study materials, including a 'Jargon buster - A glossary of market terms'
- Recommendations for further reading from course tutors
- Networking opportunities including post-course drinks and canapes
- Membership of Masterclass Alumni group and access to the London Stock Exchange Academy e-learning platform where you can ask further questions of the course tutors, catch up on any seminars that you may have missed and network with your peers
- Post-seminar tests to monitor your learning progress
CPD points: This course attracts 27 CPD points
Find out more - watch the video