Investor Relations Masterclass
days to go
London Stock Exchange, London.
Designed to give seasoned IR Professionals and Board Directors an in-depth update on current IR best practices. The course covers the breadth of regulation and disclosure, developments in accounting, technology and social media, capital markets trends, as well as evolving best practices.
Designed to give seasoned IR Professionals and Board Directors an in-depth update on current IR best practices.
The course covers the breadth of regulation compliance and disclosure practice, latest developments in the accounting field, the use of technology and social media to build closer relationships with investors, capital markets trends and changes, as well as evolving best practices and changes in critical aspects of the day to day role of IR.
The aim of the course is to provide a practical view of what is expected by the investment community and how you as the face of the company can influence this. The programme offers a wealth of real life case studies with speakers that are well-known industry experts.
Central to this programme are the fund manager led group discussions which provide an excellent opportunity to compare and contrast different engagement approaches and identify those that will work best for your investors and your company.
In addition to the in-depth updates on Accounting, Regulation, Compliance and Disclosure practice, Industry best practices and changes, there are several key outcomes that you can expect from this course;
- Learn how to develop a focussed IR strategy based on analysis of your current situation
- Benchmark your own IR practices against industry standards
- Understand the industry changes and learn what the likely changes will mean for you
- Learn how to get the best from your IR toolkit
- Appreciate how IR can support the board and its governance process
- Understand what drives investors’ investment rationales and how to use this to enhance your company’s equity story and value
- Learn what investors expect from you and how best to engage with them.
Who should attend?
This one day course has been designed to appeal to the following professionals:
- IR Professionals
- Board Directors and Management teams
- Communication and PR Directors of listed and listing companies
- Seasoned PR and IR consultants
- Seasoned Financial analysts
- A full copy of the course materials and examples
- A series of briefing papers covering regulations, best practices and other subjects that will serve as a reference guide and support your overall learning outcomes from the Masterclass.
If you require a private session for individual questions we can provide individual coaching sessions on a one-to-one basis with the course tutor.
CPD points: This course attracts 6 CPD points.
8:30 - 8:55 – Registration and coffee
9:00 Welcome and introduction to course objectives
Creating a Winning Investor Relations Strategy
- How to define the purpose of IR
- IR Skill sets - What makes for a good IR user experience?
- Benchmarking your IR strategy and measuring success
- How can the Board help?
Regulatory and Accounting Update
- Market abuse and insider dealing
- Governance and Accounting
- Corporate reporting and prospectuses
- Transparency and sustainability disclosures
Capital Markets Developments
- Understanding the investment chain
- The Capital Markets and how they trade today
- Different investors and their remits
- The Shareholder Activism movement
Engaging Investors and Analysts and Developing Relationships
- Sell-side analysts and managing consensus
- Shareholder identification and targeting investors
- Understanding your audience’s sentiment
Building Corporate Value and Reputation
- Developing the IR programme
- Best practice IR toolkits and calendars
- Taking your IR programme to the next level