Inside the Markets
To give both students a deeper understanding of London Stock Exchange Exchange, and of capital markets in general, we’ve developed a dedicated programme: ‘Inside the Markets’. Using live feeds and recent case studies, this highly interactive programme brings people together to explore key aspects of today’s financial industry. Whether your group already has some knowledge of the markets, or is starting from scratch, we can tailor ‘Inside the Markets’ specifically to meet your needs.
Students learn how London Stock Exchange has developed from an open outcry trading floor into the high-frequency electronic trading platform we know today. They then consider the implications of this revolutionary change going forward.
Other topics discussed include:
- The impact of the AIM market’s internationalisation
- Methods of monitoring the flow of corporate information
- The different ways in which markets can be abused
Designed specifically around your group’s level of knowledge and experience, your session will feature live market data and interactive discussions on topics such as:
- Why companies float on a stock exchange
- How shares are traded
- How the finance markets work and who operates them
- Insider trading and ways of addressing it