Influencing Skills for High Potential Professionals
Book now to guarantee your place
All our programmes are available on a bespoke basis.
18 September 2015
Being successful as a professional requires influencing others and gaining their cooperation, particularly when there is no direct or line authority. Without the ability to influence, it becomes harder to achieve targets and meet deadlines, and work becomes more stressful. Influencing skills are required for dealing with people in other departments, customers, suppliers, regulatory authorities, and superiors within the organisation.
This one-day programme will provide an understanding of how to exert influence as well as equipping delegates with the tools and techniques for becoming more influential in a professional services setting. This unique programme provides the opportunity to understand the challenges of ‘informal leadership’, influencing others with and without authority and achieving greater and wider buy in and engagement.
In addition, each participant will receive personal feedback, which together will create a powerful learning experience.
The value of the programme to both the participants and their organisations will be:
- Enhanced influencing skills in a wider range or professional situations
- Greater professional presence and impact
- Better management of politics in a professional manner
Areas covered will include:
- Difficulties in exerting influence
- Alternative influencing strategies for professionals
- Individual preferences and approaches
- Exerting influence in groups
- Using feedback as an influencing strategy
- Feedback on personal influencing style
- Recent advances in neuroscience and influence
- Managing politics in professional organisations
- Professional relationships and their role in influence
Case studies, exercises and simulations will be included
This is a skills-based training course. Learning skills takes practice.
The day is highly practical in nature with extensive use being made of role-play.
Who should attend
This course is designed for professionals from all areas of financial services and large corporations who share a desire to improve their ability to be influential. Their role will be important for the advancement of their organisation and their success will be dependent on their ability to get others to cooperate with them.
Participants are given a great deal of personal attention and there will be time to address particular influencing challenges.
- Hard copy of all course materials
- Personal feedback on influencing style
- If you think you would benefit from follow on 1-on-1 coaching sessions, please mention it to the trainer or LSEG’s course coordinator
London Stock Exchange, 10 Paternoster Square, London EC4M 7LS.
Other dates available in 2015:
15 May 2015