Financial Crime Risk Management
Book now to guarantee your place
30 October 2015
Training Programme Overview
This interactive one day training course enables delegates to understand the risks associated with financial crime whilst providing guidance on the most effective controls needed to manage them. It focusses on the modern cross-cutting issues of money laundering, bribery & corruption and fraud & cyber-crime, picking up the emerging issues. This is a practical course, peppered with examples from cases and with analysis of recent reports and trends. It highlights the key controls and shows delegates how to gain assurance that these controls are working effectively, whilst placing them within an overall framework of good governance and business ethics.
Huge fines and a drive towards holding those in senior management positions personally accountable - this is the modern response of the authorities to financial crime. Are you able to manage the risks to your profits and reputation? The financial crime threat landscape is changing too. Are you up to date and does your organisation have the most effective control framework in place?
Why attend the course?
This interactive course provides an essential update for business professionals at this time. Its key features are:
- financial crime threat analysis and controls framework
- overview of the new regulatory and crime prevention regime in the UK.
- current and emerging money laundering risks (e.g. Isil & terrorist financing, information exchange & FACTA and virtual currencies & bitcoin)
- bribery and corruption – update and review of the ripple effects of the Bribery Act 2010
- fraud - review of the key risk areas including cyber-crime, insider dealing and management fraud
- the people factor – motives, behaviour and the drive for personal accountability
- ensuring that the key controls are effective: training; risk assessment; due diligence; whistleblowing hotlines; and audit
- the governance dimension – responsibilities, reporting lines and business ethics
- review and analysis of recent cases
Who should attend the course?
This one-day course has been designed to appeal to the following professionals:
- Directors and senior executives
- Heads of internal audit, compliance and risk functions
- Operational risk managers
- Compliance officers
- Audit professionals
- Security and financial crime specialists
- Ethics officers
- HR managers
- All those individuals responsible for implementing best practice crime risk management in their organisation.
The course will be held at the Exchange’s headquarters located next to St. Paul’s Cathedral at 10 Paternoster Square, London EC4M 7LS.
Course fee: £695 + VAT